renokat93

Benjamin Moore Balboa Mist or Silver Satin?

renokat93
last year
last modified: last year

Hi there! We’re renovating our first home before moving in and trying to decide on a paint colour. As newbies to home ownership, we are likely going to paint the interior the same colour. We’re trying to decide whether we want to go with Benjamin Moore Balboa Mist or Silver Satin throughout the house. We can’t decide! Keep in mind that we plan to sell it in 5 years so we would like to choose a colour that is in style and will mostly remain in style. Hoping we can get some opinions!

Some notes:

• It has oak floors from the 60s that are going to be refinished (see picture).
  • It will have a white kitchen.
  • Trim and doors will be white (likely BM Chantilly Lace).

Thank you!!

Comments (4)

• jck910
    last year

I like Balboa Mist

renokat93 thanked jck910
  • noriinny
    last year

I thought Balboa Mist looked beautiful but after applying a sample it had a pink undertone in our house. I the contractor suggested we try SW Crushed Ice and he was right. Absolutely gorgeous color. Good luck

renokat93 thanked noriinny
  • Amy Lynn
    last year

I love Balboa Mist in other's houses. In mine it went lavender. Make sure you try large samples in different rooms. We ended up going with Classic Gray for it's neutral look in our house.

renokat93 thanked Amy Lynn
  • sarah Brennan
    last year

I had balboa mist in my previous living room and just painted my new apartment in all balboa mist with chantilly lace trim. I still love it. Definitely paint samples as when I google the color it looks very different than what appears in my home.

renokat93 thanked sarah Brennan