sanket_naidu

False ceiling for newly constructed property - yay or nay? adv/disadv?

Sanket Naidu
3 years ago

Recently bought a property/flat in an under-constructed building on 6th floor (out of 11). Should I ask the designer for false ceiling with other interior? Sometimes leakages in newly constructed property would show up after a year or two of rainy seasons. Will it damage the false ceiling and will it make the amount invested right now fruitless?

Comments (7)

• Sachin Ranjit
    3 years ago

I would suggest you go for false ceiling but keep it minimalist. it helps create great uniformity and effects with light. u can play around a lot with lighting. getting it done at a later point is a big mess and a pain.

• Sanket Naidu
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you for the inputs. My main concern is the damage caused by water leakages which would show up few years after possession. What kind of false ceiling would be immune to it and is there any preventive measure can be taken up before false ceiling work starts?

• Sachin Ranjit
    3 years ago

I don't think any false ceiling is immune to water leakages..unless something new has come up in the market. I would suggest you reach out to an interior designer or a false ceiling person and they will be able to guide you better.

• Sanket Naidu
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I will, Thank you!

• PRO
    Dream Design
    3 years ago

Greetings From Dream Design,

As per your Inputs we are suggestion you some ideas

-Do the Waterproofing on all the walls before doing plaster

-And for false celling you should definitely go for it as it enhance your room

Sharing some images for false celling

• Sanket Naidu
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank u for the valuable feedback.. 👍🏼

• PRO
    Dream Design
    3 years ago

Greetings From Dream Design,

If you like our ideas Pls follow us on Houzz