ffionfrancis

Advice on windows for period property!

Ffion Francis
3 years ago

Hello houzzers! Looking for advice on windows and render colour scheme for a period property originally it dates back to the late 1400s (an old Earl of London's shooting Lodge) however it was rebuilt from ruin in the 70s. We have no idea what the original structure looked like so:

a) any suggestions on how we go about finding out what the original structure looked like?
b) we need new windows as current ones single glazed and many in disrepair and so we need to double glaze to make the house more efficient (before winter comes!) We are going for an engineered soft wood but yet decided on the colour scheme of windows and render. Would you stick with classic white windows? I like the idea of a very light green window colour with off white render but worried this will date. I also thought that could tie in nicely with the giant farm shed that that towers behind the house 🙄🤔

I've added some photos of colour schemes I like however with the house requiring 34 windows replaced it's a huge investment and decision which is why we want to get it right

We would like the house to look as original as possible but it's very hard when it's so old and we have no photos or anything to go from! I imagine the windows would have been lead back in those times?

Any suggestions or advice very welcome. Any historians out there?!

Many thanks

Comment (1)