vinay_maithani

Doon Villa Drawing Room - Sofa design&Size and Curtains - Suggestions

VINAY MAITHANI
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

These are the pics and 2D layout of my Villa house in Dehradun. The drawing room is small (14 feet by 15 feet) and would be used for receiving guests and meeting new people.

Would like your creative suggestions for the color of curtains (the one in pics are old ones since we just moved in somehow in these tough times of), sofa style design compact, sofa seat sizes and fabric color.

Everything is fluid at the moment and there is room for incorporating elegant, classy and prudent ideas.

Let me know if you would want more info to solve the issue

Comments (11)

• VINAY MAITHANI
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@deSigneR - Architects and Interior Designers Thank you for taking time out and reflecting on my question. I really appreciate your time and effort.

• VINAY MAITHANI
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@Rupal shah Can you share your idea ?

• VINAY MAITHANI
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@Shades By Shweta : Would you like to contribute ?

• VINAY MAITHANI
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@Cornerstone Design Studio India Would love to hear your take on my situation ?

• VINAY MAITHANI
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@Gabriela Designs I really liked your take on guns and its frame with respect to Vastu. Would love to hear what you can advise to me ?

• VINAY MAITHANI
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@SAB design studio : What would you do different to solve my issue ?

• PRO
    Rupal shah
    3 years ago

Mr.Vinay,

Instead of asking advice from so many, consult a professional for the complete solution.

Personally, with the wooden ceiling, baton classic ceiling which is giving a perfect look you should try some good quality furniture in your drawing room, art on the walls, hanging light fittings etc. for the perfect ambiance.

VINAY MAITHANI thanked Rupal shah
  • VINAY MAITHANI
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you @Rupal shah for the suggestion. I tried using local interior designers but was taken for a ride in the adjacent house renovation of ours. Having family across 3 time zones makes it even more difficult but yes now i have honed on a firm to provide online consultancy using technology like Live video calls and photos to make amendments.

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    3 years ago

Vinay,

Since you have hired a professional, not sure how much of below will make any sense. This is a tall-boi room and the windows and doors height add to it.

You have quite a good exterior view with surrounding greenery but the messy grills have kind of killed that view. You may have to always use sheer to hide them and coupled with earthen colored curtains. Plain bland white walls is another thing you may want to reconsider.

Without going into too much details, a clean contemporary look for this place would be best suited. The ceiling lighting doesn't seem sufficient for a 14*15 room and I feel there is too much of wood on the ceilings even in the other parts of the house.

As of now it looks like a transit place and glad to see this being made a permanent home. Will be eager to see the end results.

Cat Mountain Residence · More Info

Thanks

Nitin

Cornerstone Designs, Bangalore.

VINAY MAITHANI thanked Cornerstone Design Studio India
  • PRO
    Shades By Shweta
    3 years ago

Hi vinay ,

As the space has great height you can work with lots of elements & layering. completly upto you how much simlified or overlapping you want to consider as per your taste.

it can be all pastel shades

or pastel with pop of lil bright to add fun element.

as natural light seems good you can also work around fixing wooden blinds to give dramatic effect.

Or roller blinds if you want complete clean windows.

Attaching few reference.

hope this helps.

VINAY MAITHANI thanked Shades By Shweta