sunitasinha

Master Bedroom with odd pillar.

sunita sinha
last month

Need Recommendation to decorate this Master bedroom . The Room has Pillar at the Corner which i have got textured painted similar to Accent Wall of the room also tried putting book shelf in front of it as in picture but still not Happy with the look. Any Suggestions ideas would be helpful. TIA

Comments (10)

• preetimahendra
    last month

I feel , first thing the pilar colour should not be having any bright colour. I feel there can be any artwork done on a greige base by artist will work too. These are my take on this.
    Preeti Mahendra
    The loft interiors ( Kolkata)

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    last month

Sunita,

IMHO, we may have overdone things here..It's too much of blues and even the designs carry from carpet to curtains. Needs to lighten it up.

Rather than trying to hide the pillar it's better we highlight it.

Thanks,
    Nitin.
    Cornerstone Designs, Bangalore.

• PRO
    Aarchizone
    last month

U can try something like dis 3d texture art on your odd column and wid the focus light it will creat a great impact in the room while sitting on your sofa and enjoying the outside view😊

Thanks
    Aarchizone

• PRO
    SAB design studio
    last month

go for some open type cabinets which cover the pillar

• PRO
    IDEATION DESIGN
    29 days ago

we would suggest not to do anything on the pillar, the pillar is best left with the same finish of the blue wall or the grey wall. This way it can be more seamless.

The more you do something on the pillar here will only attract attention.

• interior decor09
    28 days ago

I think , the pilar colour should not be any bright colour. There can be any artwork done. These are my ideas on this:-

• Tasko in
    27 days ago
    last modified: 27 days ago

Hi Mam,

First of all, I want to say you have a good space in your bedroom room area.

why don't you go with ivory wall paint color and wooden frame column?

It will enhance the space of your room and gives rich look too.

I am showing you my work so that you can take the idea of our work.

Home Renovation in Hyderabad · More Info

• PRO
    GJ Studio
    27 days ago

It's a beautiful bedroom. You should not be drawing attention to that pillar in anyway. I think it would be preferable to treat it like the rest of the wall- grey paint

• PRO
    Vibrant Spaces
    24 days ago

Hi Sunita,

Kudos to have created a beautiful space for yourself. The bedroom looks absolutely stunning. However you are right, the bookshelf in front of the pillar makes it stand out and draws too much attention to that area.

You could blend the pillar with the rest of the design with a simple coat of grey paint like the rest of the walls, but you could also use this unique aspect in your bedroom to elevate your design.

If you can, carve a niche in the pillar. Something like the below picture would create a cozy vibe, especially at night. You can also create a cute reading nook for yourself with a curved bench that extend to the windows.

Eclectic Home | Via Builders Inc · More Info

If you need any more help regarding this, do drop us a message and we’ll be happy to help. You can also check out our blogs. They are a treasure trove of design ideas.

Hope this helped. Good luck with your design journey.

• PRO
    GJ Studio
    24 days ago

I think the walls should be done in shades of grey. the turquoise is something you will tire of in a while, also limits your colour choices for bed linen and drapes. The turquoise of the bedspread is enough. the wall behind the bed could be a deeper grey than the rest of the room.