rahulmali

Ideas for the wall

rahulmali
10 years ago
Can someone please help me with ideas to decorate my wall? Frames, shelves, mirror? What will work the best? Thanks in advance.

Comments (43)

• PRO
    Granite Grannies
    10 years ago
    Have you considered "framing" your tv? This can add an elegant touch to an everyday electronic!

Ironic vintage frame · More Info
  • PRO
    Warner Decor
    10 years ago
    something that works very well to take up wall space is to purchase different sized frames from thrift stores and paint them the color theme that you have chosen to go with. Also, you could paint the wal behind your tv for an accent wall if you chose to.,
  • Related Discussions

pvc sheets design ideas for bedrooms wall and roof

Q

Comments (4)
    lookup Grenfell Tower fire in London. Few months back this tower caught fire. The reason for such a tragedy was that in a bid to improve the looks of the old public housing building they clad it with PVC backed aluminum cladding. The building was otherwise designed to contain accidental fires but adding the cladding caused the flames to spread from outside the building. PVC also gives off minute amounts of hazardous gas. Using it in such large indoor surfaces exposes you to potential fire hazard as well as health hazard.
    ...See More

Design ideas for this front wall in parking

Q

Comments (17)
    Hi Farooq, You can go with the green stretch at the walls of the parking area that will bring a zen look to the decor and can serve as the greenery to the exterior decor You can also try to put some decorative pieces like garden fountains by the side of the parking area which brings a good serene look the decor as well. or you can also give some area of the parking to a small decorative fountain pond by the side of those green stretched walls that can bring the zen look to the exterior decor and those dripping water brings a serenity around These all you can do in the inner walls of your parking area As according to the plan the outdoor gate is 10' wide so in that case when the car enter the gate it will pass through those green stretch, which brings out a zen look to the exterior and the parking area. so i think it might help Thanks
    ...See More

Idea for TV wall unit design

Q

Comments (0)
    I need a simple, unique and minimalist design for my tv wall unit. I want my tv wall unit to resonate with my furniture.
    ...See More

Colour ideas for exterior walls

Q

Comments (1)
    HiPlease share your requirements and what type of design you wantany suggestion is appreciateddo check my accountFor Design discussion and others -Contact and Whatsapp: +918515033631The designs are strictly according to the client's need...Contact and Whatsapp: +918515033631Like Save Edit Delete
    ...See More
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Sometimes I do not like too much around the tv as I find it distracting while I am watching it. Will it work to switch the two wooden pieces you have on that wall. I think I would like the higher one under the tv to help disguise all the cords and the outlet. THAT would bug me a lot and this might just work to get rid of that. Put tall things on that chest that will be under your arrangement on the wall, even using the pottery on the speaker. Layer things to get them higher and taller. Do you have anything you could put the plant in the corner on to make it higher? By doing that, that will also fill in some wall space. If you try this, would you post back so we can look and see if it needs anything else or if we can help arrange the wooden piece??
  • PRO
    Design By Alicia
    10 years ago
    First of fit seems there might be a bit too many "chests" on that wall. I have used a company called Tapestries LTD to hide a wall mounted tv, this also provides for a little artwork for the wall. The tapestries can be motorized so that when you want to watch tv, the piece rolls up out of sight.
  • PRO
    TVCoverUps
    10 years ago
    I agree with abbyjean, I think it might be best to reduce the amount of decorative items around the TV. Abbyjean also mention the cords and outlet being a distraction here, and one solution to concealing this is TVCoverUps. Framed art(including your own) or panel provides the focal point of the room, with the hidden TV and cords beneath. Units are available in Automated and Manual lifts and allows for TV tilting hardware. TVCoverUps can conceal your outlet as well as hide the wires, cable box, speakers, AV equipment, Blu-Ray/DVD and other consoles you may have- which would eliminate the need for cabinet under the TV. Each unit is always built custom to viewer and space, so it is always best to call.
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    I can't tell how much room there is by the brown furniture on the left of the pic and the wall there. Could the small piece under the tv now just go there as an end table and the chest move down and then nothing more for furniture on that wall. Maybe even take down the little things and see how it feels with just the tv there.
  • rahulmali
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Hi everybody. I did some cleanup as per your suggestions. Is it looking ok now, or is it looking empty?
  • rahulmali
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Adding one more pic
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    Those little items might even work on that small wall by the curtain as the size of that area fits the size of those better.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Great idea to change height of chest. Much better. If you have in budget, I would buy a longer media center. In dark wood. Ikea, Target, Walmart all carry them not expensive. You need to fill that wall more. Have TV at one end then a very tall and narrow picture on wall where you have small items now. Never good to put to many small items, trying to fill wall space. Just looks cluttered. On corner add a bigger tree or palm. TJMax has good price on art and trees. You can use the chest you had for TV, as end tables next to sofa add lamps.
  • rahulmali
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks Abby jean. But I thought its looking ill empty. If I move the speakers to the right, then it might look empty? What can I keep there? Also, did you notice the lamp on the left? I used that to fill up the gap.
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    I did notice the lamp. It fills the gap, but since it is white on white, it really does nothing. Do you NEED it for light? If not, I really prefer it not there. Does that other chest fit back in the corner for an end table? Even putting that there to break up the white on the corner wall will help with how your eye feels about blank spots.
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    One other thought.....do you NEED all the chairs for watching tv? You may and that is fine, but if not, try moving the one on the left to the corner in front of that speaker and it looks like it will open up a window, which I like, too. Angle that other end table beside the chair. THAT will help with the empty feel, but honestly? A TV deserves its own space. It may feel empty to you because you have lived with things there for some time.
  • rahulmali
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks travisinteriors.

Abbyjean- ok. I will remove the lamp. But how do I fill up the empty space on the left and right. Maybe put a big palm on the left and another big artefact on the right?
  • rahulmali
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Removed the the tiny things on the wall. Actually, they were masks I got from Italy, and I love them :) but yeah they were looking cluttered
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    You can put your mask on another wall that is a lot smaller, to show them off more.
  • papillon2
    10 years ago
    Rather than eliminating the Italian masks, how about having them framed in a shadowboxes? That way they could be grouped and have more impact.

I have Italian masks also, and I understand how much they mean to you. I wouldn't want not to display mine!
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    They need to be up.....on the wall by the curtain. It fits them better. May I see the artifact? Lay it on the coffee table or somewhere and take a pic of it before putting it on the wall. EXCITED to see it!
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    Having an artifact in the room will tie in with the masks, too, and I like that idea a lot!
  • Rosemarie
    10 years ago
    How bout a 6ft Areca palm in oversized pot, with uplight. they are easy care, low light plants. So, over all height would be 8-10 ft in the corner. Even a matching on other side if you like!
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    Still looking.......the white light/lamp might be ok on the OTHER side to disguise the outlets right there. Is there room to walk if you move it there? I have this......thing.....about seeing outlets! Sorry!
  • Rosemarie
    10 years ago
    The masks could go above the tv also
  • rahulmali
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Yes, there is room to walk if I move it there. But why should I disguise the outlet? Sorry didn't get that.
  • Rosemarie
    10 years ago
    The lite on the other side with 2 3ft or4ft sculptures--design of your choice, contemporary or animal ?
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    See? That is just me and obviously the open outlet there does not bother you at all. I am that way on my kitchen counter even and have to have something in front of the ones I am not using. I just feel like if there is a way to hide them, especially if they have a cord in them, I like that. BUT do NOT worry about it.....my problem!!!
  • rahulmali
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    My vote goes for contemporary
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    I like contemporary in this room. What do you have for ideas? Something already IN YOUR HOME, I hope.
  • Rosemarie
    10 years ago
    Still think you need the height of the plant, at least on the inside corner to offset the large wall .
  • rahulmali
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Nothing that I already have. Will have to buy one :)

Rosemarie - any reference pic you have seen using a similar tall plant?
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    Please do not go buy anything. I prefer shopping in rooms around the house! You had a plant there before....anything it can sit on to be a bit taller?
  • rahulmali
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Something like this? http://houzz.com/photos/1969220
  • Rebecca Rakusin
    10 years ago
    I love the chest! its so funky looking. I would use it as a side table and put something with a bit more height and storage space under the tv. Looks like you have high ceilings so you can put the screen up a bit higher and put the sofa infront of the TV, the loveseat where the sofa is and a couple chairs on the opposite side of the window. At Ikea they have really inexpensive tv stands, you can actually put the TV and other consoles ontop and it looks great.

You can even do a little wallpaper behind the tv! hope this helps! You already have really gorgeous pieces, I would just add a little and reuse what you have (are you giving away that chest by any chance :P?)

Good Luck!
  • rahulmali
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Don't have anything to put it and make it taller. I may buy a big pot and Areca palm as suggested by rosemarie
  • rahulmali
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks Rebecca. You will be the first one on my list when I plan to give that piece away ;)
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    I think you would love it! Make sure it is taller than the tv so two things of the same height are not together. Of course, it will grow, won't it!
  • Rebecca Rakusin
    10 years ago
    As long as i'm the first and last!! XD Please update on how your designing it working out! I also put up a design dilema - please help!!
  • rahulmali
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Some renditions in photoshop. Let me know what you think.
  • rahulmali
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Another one. Think this looks the best! Of course wood makes it look awesome :)
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    You are creative! AND have been busy! Will it work with your magic touch here to lower the four pics on the side of the tv so they are down enough to tie in more and not floating as much. Make the bottom of them about one third down in the tv zone. Does that make sense. STRAIGHT down from where you have them, though. Then lower the clock a bunch, too, and let me see that.
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    OR, as I am still looking, can you put the plant in the corner and stack the four pics so they are still two by two on the right of the tv? Nothing over the tv in that one.
  • groveraxle
    10 years ago
    Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and commit: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/10475/
  • smdrovetto
    10 years ago
    This Cabinet is $155 at Ikea. You could take the 4 items you had hung, and put them in a "shadow box", or individual deep frames to tie then together, to create I piece that looks more substantial on the wall, Then add a little ledge for photos, and you would even have room on the cabinet for the cool bottles that were on the floor, and that cool chest could definitely find a home as an end table, or entry table.

You could also add a larger plant in a really nice pot in turquoise. The cut and paste renditions arent always completely accurate in scale.