kellyml919

What to put next to toilet to make everything more center?

Kelly Lyons
7 months ago

Thanks in advance! Just moved into a new home with my husband - and I would like to decorate our main floor 1/2 bathroom in the farmhouse style I love. I would like wooden floating shelves above the toilet to hold some toiletries, plants, maybe a sign or two, and toilet paper.

Because the toilet isn't center, what do I put to the right of it to make everything look even with centered shelves? Thinking a medium sized plant? Open to ideas! :)

Comments (11)

• Valluru Architects
    7 months ago

I think going with a mirror makes this void space somewhat useful and better.and make some storage space in bellow may be you can store some get ready material or tissue rolls.

Best Answer
  • PRO
    SAB design studio
    7 months ago

go for mirror and flooring shelves in kane wood

• Kelly Lyons
    Original Author
    7 months ago

Thanks for your responses! Confused about the mirror though- there’s on over the vanity to the right.

• PRO
    SAB design studio
    7 months ago

Then dont put mirror just kee floating sheves

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    6 months ago

Kelly, if you would want it to appear in the center, you may have to add a mirror half way up on the left wall. Adding long barn shelves on the back side will add to the centered look.

The shelves should touch the mirror for a seamless look. Back wall can be spruced up with handmade tiles.

Thanks,
    Nitin
    Cornerstone Designs

• PRO
    GC Design Studio
    6 months ago

A nice big plant is a brilliant idea.... You can think of an air purifying/indoor plant

• PRO
    GC Design Studio
    6 months ago

Alternatively you can add a shelving cabinet which can house the tissue roll, a small plant, magazines etc

• PRO
    GJ Studio
    6 months ago

You could add floating shelves above as you need, and add a slim magazine rack or something equally useful to the right of the commode to fill the excess dead space. See the sketch attached

• Valluru Architects
    6 months ago

I like this shelves at the back of you can afford...please for for inside nitch shelve places cause if they are out projected ones then they can be a bit harsh on the void space on it's right
    I like this bars idea too it's your wish to a choice.

• Kelly Lyons
    Original Author
    6 months ago

These are fantastic suggestions! Thank you everyone!!!

• PRO
    WDF space design, Interior Design Business
    4 months ago

Either u use mirror so that the wc will not look in center as it will reflect in multiple times.. or use low height storage and shelves above and paint the storage wall in different colour to seperate it. .now the wc will be seen in center..