dineshgupta

Please suggest modifications in our living room

Dinesh Gupta
last year

we have living room of 11 ft× 16 ft area. kindly suggest some modifications to enhance the look which can be in terms of furniture or curtains or partition area..

which type of sofa will suits in the existing arrangement
Glass partition will be ok or something else, please suggest

Comments (59)

• sara S
    last year

if just just change the entire wall paint into white and rearrange the sofas then you are done qwith it.you got a well lid , spacious home..try this two simple things and that is enough

• Related Discussions

Need help with our living room please!!!

Q

Comments (5)
    My revision based on the new pix. Still like the idea of a round foyer table in the large hallway. The dining area definitely needs to be moved near the kitchen where the tufted chairs and doors are. I'd anchor it with a rug that is at least 4 feet wider and longer than the table. It appears the tufted chairs have a matching sofa. I'm revising my 4-chair suggestion for the FP now, and suggest the sofa facing it and the two chairs between the FP and sofa facing the dining space which is now out in front of the kitchen door. Anchor that seating with its own large rug. In the end where the draperies are I'd use the two sofas facing each placed perpendicular to the windows, each 18" from the coffee table. The chairs can go at either end of the coffee table, one near the windows and the other with its back to the open room to form a closed conversational grouping. Loosen the drapes and let them fall loosely. Once the arrangement is worked out, we can tackle painting, if you want.
    ...See More

Need Help for my living room lightning please suggest me

Q

Comments (66)
    OK... but the wire wont be lower as it is fixed now. The wire in the pics below is the wall facing each other. They were leveled on equal height but the beam on one wall makes it seem a little above. But i think you guys are absolutely right that up and down lights wont look good there. I think you are right about down lights lessismoore. Would it look good if i go with two different lights on opposite walls??? it would look odd right.
    ...See More

Paint colour suggestions for living room

Q

Comments (5)
    Dear Balaji, Tried and tested colour combinations that make wood work stand out will be in contrast to dark brown. You can choose reflective colours like pale yellow, off white.. In Berger Paints you could check out 3P1844 Sauvignon White, 3P1854 Fresh Linen, 7P0185 Fabulous White. Also, the website offers Virtual Colour Painter which you can use by uploading your room photo. Best wishes and regards, Ar. Avni Gor
    ...See More

Please suggest ways to decorate this living cum dining room.

Q

Comments (2)
    so much clutter on tv panel. keep minimal on tv panel. get glass door for puja cabinet. remove all the wall photos. put sheer curtains.. white curtains would make the room look as bigger. swap dining with sofa and
    ...See More
  • PRO
    Gabriela Designs
    last year

I just saw your room again and would like to make another suggestion (I hope you will take it positively)

Remove the frame with the Gun from your home, Guns swords depict bloodshed and killing, this is negative energy and is adding to the darkness in the room. As per Vastu and other sciences these are a complete no no for any home.

Actually there is so ,much potential in your room you just need to start with some Professional help

• Shammi Kumar
    last year

sir I brought Tan Brown Granite for Porch. please suggest me that this colour of granite is a good choice or not. please send some images of tan brown colour granite porch if available with you.

• Shammi Kumar
    last year

• PRO
    Gabriela Designs
    last year

Mr. Kumar,

Any colour is good but I always prefer brightness compared to dark colours and space.

if you use Tan Brown Granite for your porch remember it will close it in.

i don’t know whether you are using it as flooring or as a top layer of your railing. Either way if it is dark it will look smaller and I would suggest go for a lighter colour.Dark equals small and uncomfort most times.

• Shammi Kumar
    last year

sir it is use for porch floor.

• PRO
    Gabriela Designs
    last year

It will make your porch smaller and will close it in. My suggestion is go for a lighter floor you can then accessorise with colour in terms of flowers , cushions and plants. Have. A nice day.

any further consultation needs to be through formal paid service.

thank you

• Shammi Kumar
    last year

sir I use wonderwhite Mable for flooring of living room, bed rooms. please suggest some of latest flooring design

• PRO
    Interior Hues
    last year

The space is having so many focal points on each wall and that too of different colors. You select max three colors from the color theory and stick to that. Use those colors in unequal proportion. Hire a good designer who can solve it beautifully. Best luck!

• Amrita
    last year

Immediate impression - TOO MUCH .... too much color, too many designs of wall paper, too many sofas, unmatched curtains, toran, too much clutter. Go for white or ivory walls, get rid of the sofas & buy something neutral in clean lines. Let there be a clear flow between dining & living; right now the space looks so small when actually it isn't. Mount the TV on the wall & get a simple cabinet or at least reduce the clutter. you can also paint the cabinet the same color as the walls. And for heavens sake, get rid of curtains in the doors.
    Before you do anything, do spend sometime browsing photos on Houzz; it will teach you a lot.

• Dinesh Gupta
    Original Author
    last year

mam can you modify my area

• PRO
    Interior Hues
    last year

Sure. Where is this place. Contact me on 09820602380.

• Som G
    last year

I think, if possible, it's best not to have your television in the living room. The other alternative is to have it in the partitioned area (without segregating spaces) and move a sofa to that area. And as many have suggested, paint the walls with lighter shades. And for the curtains, take off the frills and sheer (if you have any). Might be good to see the room in day light.

• goodashu
    last year

Your style suggests that you are confused. Take professional help. This will help reduce your tension and avoid costly mistakes that are too evident in this room. First sit with your family and browse the Houzz website. Find some templates that you like. Then discuss it with your family and come to an initial estimate about where you want to take this room. Thereafter go for interior decorators who can manage the work and offer suggestions.

• M.Pradeep Kumar
    last year

Everything is nice but looks clumsy.. Paint the wall which reflects light

• Vijaya Menon
    last year

1.Decide what kind of mood you would like to have in living room.

1. What kind of theme or colour you would like to have depending on light quality entering in ur room. Is light direct or diffused.
    2. Use single theme curtains . You can use design or colour in curtains based on choice of colour to ur wall.
    3. Avoid bold photos on themed wall.
    4. Select fabric of sofa based on maintenance .
      6.decide which item you want to get complements for. Keep other items simpler.
      Eg. textured wall, painting,sofa,,curtains, light,ceiling,paint colour,centre table or home decors.
    5. Partitions can be foldable in nature. Alternative are rolling curtains,folding window,sliding window- if you want to separate the space and what to undo the same.
    6. Can use flooring to create bold visual partitions .
      8.avoid bold colour painting on texture wall.
    7. Decide what should appreciated the most. Then other parameters will fall in line while designing ur space.
  • PRO
    FLYING KANVAS
    last year

Follow one theme throughout the entire area. Discuss with family and decide what theme you want. Choose color scheme of your choice and try to stick to the theme and color scheme. Try to use colors that complement each other.

• akbar ali Akbar ali
    last year
    last modified: last year

• divyagarwal
    last year

I’m not a professional but a design enthusiast, so this is just my taste. Also I’m always conscious of budget so here my thoughts keeping these points in mind:

1. Paint all walls white. Remove the accent walls
    2. Keep light coloured solid curtains and use the same one across the room
    3. Not sure of your need for partition, but I would not keep it
    4. If you can’t get rid of the current sofa/replace with a new one, consider reupholstering with a fabric, preferably a light color
    5. Replace overhead white lights with yellow
    6. Add a small rug (again light colored depending on the color of the sofa and curtain you chose).
      Hope these help!
  • divyagarwal
    last year

Oh one more. I would get rid of the TV cabinet and mount the TV on the wall. It’s not adding to the room and looks clunky

• PRO
    Design1 studio
    last year

keep light shades in living room go with traditional and modern design.
    keep dark color to wall or with fabric

• sathiyaa_v
    last year

hi very nice

• PRO
    Joitree D
    last year

As of your space mention, it has too many components, which is making it too much occupied. As a professional, design should just not bring everything on your mind. The house you work on to make it home, needs to be physically fit to hold to your emotional outbreak.

Talking of the space, it lacks proper lighting, which makes the space dark. It has too many patterns which is making it more busy along with the heavy furniture with its color palette.

In order to bring the best of the space, you can go for fewer prints and light weight furniture to make the space more open. Contrast your fabrics accordingly(curtains). Add of neutrals into your color palate will definitely add balance in your space!

• HU-72830440
    last year

Initially you can start by removing all the wall papers, they are adding too much. Remove the red curtain at the back. Actually your room doesn't require any additions, just couple of deletion. Majorly shopping bag, footwear, water bottles, etc...

• PRO
    Gharonda Interior Design Studio
    last year

Hi, There are too many elements in the room. Also, the furniture is too bulky for the space you have, there is insufficient natural light in the room. And the dark wood is not really helping. Plus the partition.

You need to look at leaner furniture and change the white light to warm light it will give your room a cozy feeling. You need one colour does not necessarily have to be white. You can play with colour for sure. Also, you need to display your artwork more aesthetically.

• venu gopal
    last year

Firstly remove curtains and replace with single color. Secondly replace all wall colors with white or beige .

• Gauri Pachpute
    last year

Remove all wallpapers and paint white ,
    Add 4 led lights in the ceiling pop of living room / tv hall, replace tv unit with simple wall mounted not touching the gruond 4 drawers ,Remove the curtain towards the main door and side area of tv hall ,Replace remaining curtains with white curtains ,Reupholster the sofa and if possible recushion into sleek looking sofa with light off white colour faux leather as low maintenance

• nasmijati
    last year

Remove all wallpaper. Use a single neutral paint color on all walls (maybe beige to match your curtain room dividers).

Put the gun in a gun safe rather than displaying it.

Remove the heavy red and gold drapery at the window. Replace with blinds. You might consider translucent window film on the glass to let in light if you do not have a nice view out the window.

Are you using a glass table near the couches and in the dining area to "lighten" the visual aspect? The couches and glass are so different from each other that it is difficult to know which to pay attention to.

I suggest you look at photos on Houzz and choose ones you like to make an Ideabook. Write notes in the box with each photo about what you do and do not like about each space. Choose a minimum of twenty living rooms/lounges, twenty ways to display a television, and twenty or more ways to separate activity areas (eating, watching television, exercising) within a small space. In addition, choose several photos from Houzz with a single paint color you like for all spaces. It doesn't have to be white, gray, or beige, but a lighter color will work better than a dark one. When you examine your likes and dislikes for each photo, you will start to see similarities in your photos to help you choose the style YOU like.

If you cannot decide after looking at photos on house and sorting them into your favorites, you might consider hiring an interior decorator to assist you.

Best wishes.

• PRO
    Global Wood Creation
    last year

Dear Nitin

I suggest u to go for white interiors.As white color will add sophisticated and neural cool looks to ur living room.Please refer pics for furniture that are space saving n elegant.Side boards,TV Unit,Coffee Table. These can go with Blue turquoise carpet with grey tinge sofa.For details u can contact us on 7018405044.

• Chetan Joijode
    last year

Try Minimilastic Design style. It will make your house look more spacious

• PRO
    BrittleArch Designs
    11 months ago

Request to call us @ 92292 53912
    BrittleArch Designs Indore

• Saiqa Amari
    11 months ago

Hi dear, As per my point of views I would like to give you some suggestion hope it can help you

1. First of all change your wall color.

2.Then place some Arabic furniture in your living room.

3. New Ceiling Design need to be added in your living room.

4.You can add amazement and character to your living space with this excellent mosaic design (Oriental Creativity).

• Bhagat Singh Adha
    11 months ago

plzz sand me front elevation

• Ramesh Thakur
    11 months ago

Rameshkumar 9065272828

9Nambar

• PRO
    Daivik Design
    11 months ago

There are too many focal points in your drawing room. It’s seems as an untidy mixture with not so amazing material kept inside. The sofa set can be get renewed with any good fabric. Talking about your walls then go for neutral or pastel colour without any second thought.

• madhuri jangra
    11 months ago

I think you go with the CONTEMPORARY theme . and this design is ok but you should change the fabric. and the partition wall u can use glass with metal frames

• Bhagat Singh Adha
    11 months ago

image in back side

• Subscribe me I Subscribe you
    10 months ago

Remove the useless stuff, paint the walls white, use warm white lights!

• Lucky Singh
    10 months ago

currently due to dark walls, dark colored sofa, curtains are mix of dark n light colors.

you have a nice painting on blue wall with some print. please change the color wall to something light without any motiffs or prints...just some plain color...white shades would be better, use sofa is dark color.

remove the curtains in the partition on the window near dining area. in the dining area go for blinds. nowadays you get custom made blinds made of fabric, easy to wash. uou can check with any of the best upholstery store near your location. Again go for light color with some small floral print or any print smaller in size. in the partirion area go for curtains made of beads or threads.

throw some.cushion on your sofa ..again light colors with some small prints...may be you can use the same fabric as you blinds on the window

• Puloma Chhaya
    10 months ago

This interior has too many colors too many material, stick to two or three theme colors in pastel shades with highlights in accessories
    allow more natural light and ventilation
    use a less bulkier sofa

• erab
    10 months ago

sir, this living and dining area is too busy .there are too many different patterns and colours on the walls. the furniture ie, sofa and the cabinet is too bulky. the net curtains with the valance is also making the room very heavy. In my view you should opt for a monochromatic colour scheme . do away with wall textures.If possible go for lighter wooden sofas with loose seat and back cushions. add some potted plants and allow some natural light inside.add colour through accessories and throw cushions

• Sarmistha Shome
    9 months ago

I would suggest you to fix the lightings of this living room, that makes it look dull and boring. everything is good. if possible do remove the chandelier and put up some fancy one. Also, that design with blue colour isn't matching. if possible just put light colours like beige, white ir creamy colours. Thanks.

• Maya Rao
    6 months ago

All comments are spot on. Too many elements which clash with each other and make the room look bust, small and dark. The sofas are probably better in a large area. Here they dominate the space.
    Depending on how much light the room receives paint the room in one cool calm colour. Let the colour come from the picture on the wall, cushions, plants... Follow a colour theme.
    The handles on your storage cabinets attract too much attention.

• PRO
    Armson Homes
    6 months ago

The first thing one notices in your living room is that it appears congested. Blame it on the dark blue colour in the wall niches and the sofa set that is way too huge for the living room. Change the blue paint to some light colour, preferably white, and use slimmer sofas. Also change the partition curtains to more attractive cloth designs. You might need the services of an experienced interior design company.

• abid ali
    5 months ago

my Wark

• PRO
    Meghna Kiran
    4 months ago

Hello sir, we can help u for ur hall makeover please feel free to call us on 9666972693 and we will design Customized furniture to provide u good space, from RK Good Space Interiors Hyderabad.

• hemant vekhande
    3 months ago

so much of furniture
    remove blue paint and apply total white colour
    remove painting
    remove ur furniture and bring L shape sofa light coloured

• chanda kumari
    3 months ago

so many textured wall, so many painting, so many flower vases, so many curtains. remove blue and black textured wall. remove the excess paintings, corta in and flower vases.

• Kriti Bhatia
    2 months ago
    1. Remove the curtains in the partitions. It makes the space seem small.
    2. Sofa is great in terms of comfort. I suggest you retain it. One of the two seaters can be placed in the other room though as it looks bulky for the room size.
    3. Retain any one feature wall, either on tv side on on sofa side. I suggest retain tv side.