dineshgupta

Please suggest modifications in our living room

Dinesh Gupta
11 months ago

we have living room of 11 ft× 16 ft area. kindly suggest some modifications to enhance the look which can be in terms of furniture or curtains or partition area..

which type of sofa will suits in the existing arrangement
Glass partition will be ok or something else, please suggest

Comments (35)

• sara S
    11 months ago

This look lyk so clumsy ..you having quite enough space..if you renovating the whole living room my suggestion go for whites off white colors on wall.so that you can pair it with any color combinations.choose contrast color combos to create a pleasent look

• sara S
    11 months ago

the faux leather sofa seems so bulky..if it possible replace the sofa with some good fabric l shaped or 3 seaters..the blue color in wall is not matching for brown furnitures.as you did some semi partition works beige shades looks good on wall..you can recreate the same patter with beige and golden color patterns on wall..again dont go for solid partitions..pvc lattice screens or jaali type partitions looks good.choose white partitiins so that it create space illusion

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    11 months ago

Hello Dinesh,

Apologies, but right now it looks like very confused design. Specially the different wall treatments.

IMHO, it is better if that is fixed first before deciding on the sofa.

Thanks,
    Nitin
    Cornerstone Designs, Bangalore.

• Dinesh Gupta
    Original Author
    11 months ago

Thanks Nitin can you please post some photos for illustration purpose.

• PRO
    SAB design studio
    11 months ago

go for modern sleek sofas and use roller or zebra blinds instead of curtains. and use light patterns wallpapers

Dinesh Gupta thanked SAB design studio
  • Dinesh Gupta
    Original Author
    11 months ago

Can you please post some photos

• PRO
    SAB design studio
    11 months ago

for ref.

• Dinesh Gupta
    Original Author
    11 months ago

thanks but if I put blinds in place of curtains, how will I access the other room. In that case I may have to place an opening of door size and that may look bad. please suggest

• mdfaiyaz
    11 months ago

The room looks too crowded because the sofa is big for the room, go for a five seater probably 3*2. Room seems to be missing natural light, go for light color shades and partial partition between the rooms will be good

• PRO
    Gabriela Designs
    11 months ago

Firstly you are fortunate to have such a huge space. Secondly there are so many ways we can make This room look classy and use the space as a living cum dining room.

My suggestion

Paint all walls white

Do not segregate the room Ever with a curtain or partitions, curtains are meant for windows, while partitions are used in offices!

Open your space without closing It with curtains etc.

after painting all walls white, removing all the curtains created to segregate the room, then again go for softer coloured upholstery.

please remember Brown leather or leatherite (faux leather) and thick bulky Italian recliners and sofas are not meant for the living room, again think office space,

private bedroom space or a casual tv room. ( movie theatres use such recliners)

once you have decided i will advise more.

have fun

• sara S
    11 months ago

if just just change the entire wall paint into white and rearrange the sofas then you are done qwith it.you got a well lid , spacious home..try this two simple things and that is enough

• PRO
    Gabriela Designs
    11 months ago

I just saw your room again and would like to make another suggestion (I hope you will take it positively)

Remove the frame with the Gun from your home, Guns swords depict bloodshed and killing, this is negative energy and is adding to the darkness in the room. As per Vastu and other sciences these are a complete no no for any home.

Actually there is so ,much potential in your room you just need to start with some Professional help

• Shammi Kumar
    11 months ago

sir I brought Tan Brown Granite for Porch. please suggest me that this colour of granite is a good choice or not. please send some images of tan brown colour granite porch if available with you.

• Shammi Kumar
    11 months ago

• PRO
    Gabriela Designs
    11 months ago

Mr. Kumar,

Any colour is good but I always prefer brightness compared to dark colours and space.

if you use Tan Brown Granite for your porch remember it will close it in.

i don’t know whether you are using it as flooring or as a top layer of your railing. Either way if it is dark it will look smaller and I would suggest go for a lighter colour.Dark equals small and uncomfort most times.

• Shammi Kumar
    11 months ago

sir it is use for porch floor.

• PRO
    Gabriela Designs
    11 months ago

It will make your porch smaller and will close it in. My suggestion is go for a lighter floor you can then accessorise with colour in terms of flowers , cushions and plants. Have. A nice day.

any further consultation needs to be through formal paid service.

thank you

• Shammi Kumar
    10 months ago

sir I use wonderwhite Mable for flooring of living room, bed rooms. please suggest some of latest flooring design

• PRO
    ID Prachee Naik
    10 months ago

The space is having so many focal points on each wall and that too of different colors. You select max three colors from the color theory and stick to that. Use those colors in unequal proportion. Hire a good designer who can solve it beautifully. Best luck!

• Amrita
    10 months ago

Immediate impression - TOO MUCH .... too much color, too many designs of wall paper, too many sofas, unmatched curtains, toran, too much clutter. Go for white or ivory walls, get rid of the sofas & buy something neutral in clean lines. Let there be a clear flow between dining & living; right now the space looks so small when actually it isn't. Mount the TV on the wall & get a simple cabinet or at least reduce the clutter. you can also paint the cabinet the same color as the walls. And for heavens sake, get rid of curtains in the doors.
    Before you do anything, do spend sometime browsing photos on Houzz; it will teach you a lot.

• Dinesh Gupta
    Original Author
    10 months ago

mam can you modify my area

• PRO
    ID Prachee Naik
    10 months ago

Sure. Where is this place. Contact me on 09820602380.

• Som G
    9 months ago

I think, if possible, it's best not to have your television in the living room. The other alternative is to have it in the partitioned area (without segregating spaces) and move a sofa to that area. And as many have suggested, paint the walls with lighter shades. And for the curtains, take off the frills and sheer (if you have any). Might be good to see the room in day light.

• goodashu
    8 months ago

Your style suggests that you are confused. Take professional help. This will help reduce your tension and avoid costly mistakes that are too evident in this room. First sit with your family and browse the Houzz website. Find some templates that you like. Then discuss it with your family and come to an initial estimate about where you want to take this room. Thereafter go for interior decorators who can manage the work and offer suggestions.

• M.Pradeep Kumar
    8 months ago

Everything is nice but looks clumsy.. Paint the wall which reflects light

• Vijaya Menon
    8 months ago

1.Decide what kind of mood you would like to have in living room.

1. What kind of theme or colour you would like to have depending on light quality entering in ur room. Is light direct or diffused.
    2. Use single theme curtains . You can use design or colour in curtains based on choice of colour to ur wall.
    3. Avoid bold photos on themed wall.
    4. Select fabric of sofa based on maintenance .
      6.decide which item you want to get complements for. Keep other items simpler.
      Eg. textured wall, painting,sofa,,curtains, light,ceiling,paint colour,centre table or home decors.
    5. Partitions can be foldable in nature. Alternative are rolling curtains,folding window,sliding window- if you want to separate the space and what to undo the same.
    6. Can use flooring to create bold visual partitions .
      8.avoid bold colour painting on texture wall.
    7. Decide what should appreciated the most. Then other parameters will fall in line while designing ur space.
  • PRO
    FLYING KANVAS
    7 months ago

Follow one theme throughout the entire area. Discuss with family and decide what theme you want. Choose color scheme of your choice and try to stick to the theme and color scheme. Try to use colors that complement each other.

• akbar ali Akbar ali
    5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

• divyagarwal
    5 months ago

I’m not a professional but a design enthusiast, so this is just my taste. Also I’m always conscious of budget so here my thoughts keeping these points in mind:

1. Paint all walls white. Remove the accent walls
    2. Keep light coloured solid curtains and use the same one across the room
    3. Not sure of your need for partition, but I would not keep it
    4. If you can’t get rid of the current sofa/replace with a new one, consider reupholstering with a fabric, preferably a light color
    5. Replace overhead white lights with yellow
    6. Add a small rug (again light colored depending on the color of the sofa and curtain you chose).
      Hope these help!
  • divyagarwal
    5 months ago

Oh one more. I would get rid of the TV cabinet and mount the TV on the wall. It’s not adding to the room and looks clunky

• PRO
    Design1 studio
    5 months ago

keep light shades in living room go with traditional and modern design.
    keep dark color to wall or with fabric

• sathiyaa_v
    2 months ago

hi very nice

• PRO
    Joitree D
    2 months ago

As of your space mention, it has too many components, which is making it too much occupied. As a professional, design should just not bring everything on your mind. The house you work on to make it home, needs to be physically fit to hold to your emotional outbreak.

Talking of the space, it lacks proper lighting, which makes the space dark. It has too many patterns which is making it more busy along with the heavy furniture with its color palette.

In order to bring the best of the space, you can go for fewer prints and light weight furniture to make the space more open. Contrast your fabrics accordingly(curtains). Add of neutrals into your color palate will definitely add balance in your space!

• HU-72830440
    17 days ago

Initially you can start by removing all the wall papers, they are adding too much. Remove the red curtain at the back. Actually your room doesn't require any additions, just couple of deletion. Majorly shopping bag, footwear, water bottles, etc...

• PRO
    Gharonda Interior Design Studio
    8 days ago

Hi, There are too many elements in the room. Also, the furniture is too bulky for the space you have, there is insufficient natural light in the room. And the dark wood is not really helping. Plus the partition.

You need to look at leaner furniture and change the white light to warm light it will give your room a cozy feeling. You need one colour does not necessarily have to be white. You can play with colour for sure. Also, you need to display your artwork more aesthetically.