aluckymom

I recently put in stone/slate look luxury vinyl tiles in my bathroom?

Lauri
4 years ago

They look great, pretty authentic but they aren’t slippery and soft and comfortable on bare feet. Clean up easily, has 25 year residential warranty. Can I use this in our family room?

Comments (12)

• Karenmo
    4 years ago

I don't know why not...but it sounds like you aren't crazy about them. Your comment is a good reminder to check flooring samples with bare feet!

• happyleg
    4 years ago

Yes tile can use anywhere.

• Lauri
    Original Author
    4 years ago

My grammar was poor. I just want to clarify, the vinyl tile is NOT slippery, it has very slight texture (like stone) and is soft, warm and quiet underfoot. I love it so much I’d like to do more rooms! Family member thinks it’s only for bathroom and laundry room, but why? I’m thankful I didn’t go with the hard, cold porcelain tile that I almost bought! Thanks all!

• Lindsey Burnett
    4 years ago

I would love to know the name/manufacturer of that tile if you don't mind sharing.

• K R
    4 years ago

Honestly I wouldn’t. It looks great in the bathroom but definitely looks like bathroom tile.

• Robbin Capers
    4 years ago

We're in Alaska and are having tile in our entire first floor (LVP upstairs incl. bedrooms) because of radiant heat and a fireplace in the middle of the room. The tile will be easy to clean and dry from snow or silt coming off boots. LVP would do the same. Use what you want as long as it works from a technical standpoint.

• Lauri
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you all for your input! I appreciate!! I suspect from a resale standpoint (no move planned but I try to be mindful) my daughter is probably right. Another person agreed it looked like bathroom tile. I’d love it in a basement (but don’t have one.) Someone asked the brand. Of course I don’t mind sharing! I’m still very happy with it. Doesn’t show dirt, cleaning is easy, warm and soft under bare feet. It is called PureSPCMax. It is LVT made by Republic Flooring. It says 100% waterproof, requires no underlay (ours went down on concrete slab.) “No acclimatation needed, no wood particles. 25 yr residential warranty, 10 yr commercial warranty” according to the box. We needed about 2/3 box for tiny floor. It’s in their “nature stone” collection, the color is called “cloudy gray.” Item #RENS6020. Found it in a local flooring store but was reasonably priced. Didn’t see it at our big box stores. Thanks again all!

• Natalie DeFrancisis
    3 years ago

This is beautiful. Does this have fake grout lines? Is this a floating floor or glue. I have ceramic tile in kitchen I want to overlay with the LVT ceramic tile look, but installer says I need a strong, unbendable LVT or it will show old grout lines underneath. I want to have false grout lines so it looks like ceramic tile. Hard to find, found one Iike but it is too bendable. worried about old grout lines showing through. I will look this one up.

• Lauri
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you. Just saw your note from 2020. I apologize. The LVT tiles float, no glue installation. It has fake grout lines where it snaps together. It is heavy and not bendable. I still really like it and it’s easy to clean but shortly after everything closed for COVID, my husband dropped a cup of coffee on it and just the weight of that alone broke one of the fake grout line along the edge of one tile. It doesn’t show because there is concrete slab underneath, same color, but I know it’s there and I’m not sure what to do about it. I don’t know if the tile had a defect or the installer put it in so tight it had no give whatsoever under pressure. I don’t see a way to switch out just that tile, they are snapped together like a jigsaw puzzle and the break is right in the middle.) It has a 50 year residential warranty so I should probably contact the manufacturer. So if you did choose this, first, I hope you and your family are all well, and secondly, I hope you are enjoying it and had no similar issue.

• janetseidl
    2 years ago

Hello, Can you tell me the make and color of this tile?

• Lauri
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hi Janet, it’s called PureSPCMax. It’s LVT made by Republic Flooring. The color is called “Cloudy Gray” #RENS6020. Found it in a local flooring store. Have not seen at big box.

Sponsored