jade_davis90

Extension advice with Plans

Jade Davis
4 years ago

I have attached the current plan, and 2 x proposed plans from our architect. Our aim is to make an open plan kitchen diner living area, a bigger bathroom (ideally to fit a wet room shower next to a bath or separate bath and shower), and a small single room big enough for a child.

Before receiving plans I was unity suggested a design on here with a central patio to allow a bedroom next to the current bedroom. the patio idea doesn't work ad I feel this is wasted space that I would like to use. I am happy to have the room at the back to allow for a window.

I have attached the look I was trying to achieve (blue furniture plan) it's not totally to scale as it is what I have put together myself. the architect seems to think the bathroom and bedroom would be too crammed/small (apparently single bedrooms have to be a minimum of 8m sq)

I had looked at moving the living area to the back nearer the garden so that even though this is narrower it gives more wall space (currently all but 1 wall is occupied with an indent door or cupboard)

I haven't been offered much in the way of 're jogging things by the architect so wondered if I had missed an idea that someone may notice?

Where is generally best to have the living room?

Comments (16)