webuser_736940651

Soft and Dying Adenium

Patzzi Han
5 years ago
Hi All,

I'm new to planting adenium which my adenium end up to be like this;soft and dying soon. I tried to peel off the outer layer of the skin to see if it has blacken inside so that I can cut it off. But to my surprise, it is green in colour and have a strong green smell. So I dare not to proceed but to hang it upside now. Hence, seek for you kind advice or tips to save this plant of mine. Thank you.
C Fabre · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    PERIKALI
    5 years ago

Its a very strong plant so don't worry. All you need to do is ensure you don't leave any of the rot in the plant. You say that when you cut back you noticed no rot and only healthy tissue. That's a very good sign. (No need of further cutting of tissue and hanging upside down).Allow that to heal and form a light callus. Then re pot. Make sure your medium is free draining. Water once a week. Ensure your Adenium is placed in a position where you have maximum sunlight.

All the best Patzii!

• Patzzi Han
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you very much for your kind advice. Upload some photos here for better illustration and currently I'm hanging it upside down.

• PRO
    PERIKALI
    4 years ago

Hi Patzii! Yup your Adenium looks stressed! Keep it hung upside down only for a couple of weeks. When you repot please ensure that the caudex( fat portion) is placed above the soil level. I would also advise you to prune the 3 branches by 4-5 inches and make them shorter. If you dont prune them they tend to get too long without proper mass. In case you have a rot somewhere... please cut it off now. Use some fungicide (neem oil is a natural fungicide).Ensure you use a free draining potting mix. Water once a week.

Good Luck!