arunnyc

AllI want is a touch of classic look to my furniture - Mumbai

arunnyc
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Everywhere I went in Mumbai,, even some expensive 24 crore apartments, I see only basic furniture designs in their homes, except that the richer people have imported furniture pieces, but those pieces in their homes, if made locally, are just basic no-frill designs like A and B below. All I am trying to get is a simple modification to make it look look like iC. Either the carpenters I tried have wanted to dissuade me from choosing that design or they say it takes a lot of work and can be prohibitively expensive. Is it that even simple moldings like the ones in this design are not available here in India or am I contacting wrong ill equipped carpenters ? Can you suggest any good carpenters (I live in Andheri area)?

I can find this in Mumbai (A)

and I can get this also (B)

but could not get someone who says he can do this (C ) when it is the exact same thing as A with moldings nailed in and painted. How can I find these moldings and a carpenter who has done that much more than the basic furniture in Mumbai? I can do away with the curved design at the bottom due to workmanship concerns.

Comments (9)