eve_fairbanks

Bathroom redo went wrong! how do I fix it?

Eve
5 years ago

We have a small, high-ceilinged bathroom off the master bedroom. It was previously all cement. I thought I'd perk it up and give it a feeling of being in nature by painting the ceiling a dark jade color and the walls mossy green.

But the colors showed up SO MUCH brighter on the walls than on my swatches (I painted A4s and held them up in the light)!! It's not at all restful on the eye, and I find myself avoiding it--which was the opposite of my goal, as this is the only bathroom we have with a tub. My boyfriend asked me, "Were you going for the feel of bathing inside a pint of Baskin-Robbins mint chocolate chip ice cream?"

Is there any way to fix this without repainting everything? I was thinking of painting the wall facing the window silvery grey or even a pale brown. But what if I faux-painted over one or all walls to add texture? Or painted the walls a different color 1/3 of the way up? I do not have the capacity to add more lighting to this bathroom right now, unfortunately. I really want to make this bathroom feel more restful!

LOOKING INTO THE BATHROOM

OVER THE TUB:

OVER THE SINK:

Comments (29)

Sponsored