maver1ck

Need Design Ideas - Crowd Designing, anyone????

maver1ck
5 years ago

Well, posts like mine would be many and all the creative experts out there may find it repetitive to answer. My apologies. However, I need desperate help in redoing my house. Its a 3BHK row house with massive french windows in every room. All through the years that we have stayed here, we knew, it could be done nicely if at all we could afford Designers.

I am bad at creativity and colors. Very bad. I think pink is sometimes light purple or that there is no different shade of brown and red. For me green is just that - Green. No other shade can be a green. For me only one color can be combined well with any color - Black. Yes, I am that bad.

I am browsing through Houzz and other websites and have been cherry picking ideas and storing them to get some inspiration. I would still love some expert and creative ideas to make my house feel and look like a home. Any and every cost effective help would be highly appreciated. I can then post the pictures of the done home for us all to see. All the creative folks out there, can you please help me out? :)

Comments (13)

• PRO
    Studio Chippan
    5 years ago

pls post pics of the building

maver1ck thanked Studio Chippan
  • PRO
    Prasath
    5 years ago
    I want to know about your French windows whether is wood or metal frames and if it is metal what colour are there pls post some pictures
    maver1ck thanked Prasath
  • maver1ck
    Original Author
    5 years ago

@Studio Chippan and C Prasath Babu - Thank you for replying. The frames are metal. Dark Brown in color. I will surely post some pics tomorrow morning.

• maver1ck
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Point taken and agreed entirely. I understand where you are coming from. Having said that, the final decision lies with us. I am not averse to hiring a professional however, my only thought was - if I can get good ideas and implement those the way they are or are suggested, then that would save a lot of time and money for me (I was quoted a minimum of 35L for this :-( Went a way above that later). I am not targeting a blanket approach but one room at a time with very small manageable, cost-effective and implementable ideas – like a good color combination or like the furniture placement or like the plant would look good here and not there – things like that :-) Thanks a ton for taking time to read and reply. Appreciate it.

• PRO
    Ravi Prakash Architect
    5 years ago

Dear Maverick,

Hope you are doing great.

Seeing at your post its very clear that you are a passionate person and taking your designing process seriously. Also you are accepting that you are not a designer yourself which is a good gesture against those clients who think themselves superior when it comes to design choices but knows nothing in real.

I agree with above replies to share some information about your house starting with the floor plans as without these no one would be able to help you in any way. Also you need to understand that designing is a subjective and time consuming process and doesn't happen in an instant.

If its just about getting ideas then you can find millions on google search. But being on Houzz platform is a great thing as its full of many talented professionals contributing to the solutions best way possible.

I hereby offer my services and request you to go thru my profile and works and see if it interests you. I can show more interesting works if you insist. Let me know for further more as i am offering my services remotely as well including couple projects in Ireland.

Best Regards,

- Ar. Ravi Prakash

Email- ar.ravi2013@gmail.com

• PRO
    Ravi Prakash Architect
    5 years ago

Dear Maverick,

Seeing at your post its very clear that you are a passionate person and taking your designing process seriously. Also you are accepting that you are not a designer yourself which is a good gesture against those clients who think themselves superior when it comes to design choices but knows nothing in real.

I agree with above replies to share some information about your house starting with the floor plans as without these no one would be able to help you in any way. Also you need to understand that designing is a subjective and time consuming process and doesn't happen in an instant.

If its just about getting ideas then you can find millions on google search. But being on Houzz platform is a great thing as its full of many talented professionals contributing to the solutions best way possible.

I hereby offer my services and request you to go thru my profile and works and see if it interests you. I can show more interesting works if you insist. Let me know for further more as i am offering my services remotely as well including couple projects in Ireland.

Best Regards,

- Ar. Ravi Prakash

• PRO
    Ravi Prakash Architect
    5 years ago

Dear Mr. Maverick,

Best Regards,

- Ar. Ravi Prakash

• PRO
    Ravi Prakash Architect
    5 years ago

Dear Maverick,

Best Regards,

- Ar. Ravi Prakash

maver1ck thanked Ravi Prakash Architect
  • PRO
    Atom Interiors . Smart Interiors.
    5 years ago

Hi maver1ck

Few things ...

1. Why don't you reach out to us to see if you can get a better quote? We do work in Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad. :) We will really try to bring it down to your budget and not scare you !

2. Be careful when you are going for crowd designing.. very careful

3. post pictures, room by room, let's go.

But, the best part is if you reach out to us, you can get the design done to your budget, rather than have to get designs and go about asking quotes. So, do try to reach out first - just click on the logo on the left, your details will be automatically left in the form and you can click submit. I suggest you ask around for better quotes first and then resort to houzz. :)

You should also know, our USP is affordable integrated home automation. But, check out quote for your interiors first!

Also, if you can add us to your ideabook, we will help give you images that will be good reference for you.

atom INTERIORS, Bangalore

• PRO
    Atom Interiors . Smart Interiors.
    5 years ago

Hi maver1ck

A few things..

1. Why don't you reach out to us to see if you will get a quote way lesser than 35 L !! We do service in Bangalore, Chennai & Hyderabad. Just click on the logo to visit our profile and your details will be automatically filled into the form. You can also see some of our completed projects there in our profile. Our reviews are there in google. We still have mor eprojects we are yet to upload in houzz, in case you wan to see them.Best is if you can ask around a little, for more quotes than going for crowd designing.

2. Be careful with crowd designing, very careful.

3. Post pics, let's go room by room. But, highly recommended that you rech out to ask for a quote.

4. Add us atom to your ideabook ! We will help add references based on your preferences you mention here :)

If you reach out to us, you will get the work done within your budget, if you go this way, you will get a bunch of ideas, then will have to go around asking for price, different people you will have to go to, there will be alot of work inquiring.

atom INTERIORS, Bangalore

• maver1ck
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Ah, the words that wanted to hear :)

Thanks Atom Interiors. I will be very judicious and vigilant about Point #2. Appreciate it. Your suggestions do make a lot of sense. I am based out of Pune. Let me post pics, say by tomorrow, and see how it pans out. Crowd designing is just to get ideas. Honestly. But if something positive comes out of this, like someone offers their expertise for a reasonable(read low) cost, I will go for it.

• PRO
    Muqaam Design Studio
    3 years ago

Hi! Contact us for your design problems! We solve them in style.