pawan_j

UPVC frame - fitting a ventilator/exhaust/etc

Pawan J
2 years ago

I had asked for a 2 section UPVC window for my bathrooms. Bottom section fixed glass and the top "pull and lift" (think its called casement). The company bungled and gave me a bottom section fixed glass but the top section had nothing but a cardboard. The windows have been installed and so not much can be done now. Can a exhaust/glass ventilator be fixed within the existing upvc frame. I cant have a fixed glass as the room needs some ventilation. Removing the windows and getting new ones installed is not an option. Any help the experts can provide is much appreciated.

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    2 years ago
    Pawan,

The function you are describing is of a Awning Window.

Yes , you can still have an exhaust. You need to get an opening cut according to size of your exhaust and mount it on the top part.

You have described it as being made of cardboard. It doesn't look like a cardboard though. If it is indeed a cardboard then mounting an exhaust on it may not be durable. Use UPVC or Alum composite sheet.

Changing the top part to Awning may still be feasible. But you will need some local help.

Thanks,
    Nitin
    Cornerstone Designs, Bangalore.
  • Pawan J
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks Nitin. The 'cardboard' is removable leaving just the UPVC frame of the top section. I was wondering if an aluminium frame with glass louvres can drilled into the upvc frame,

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    2 years ago
    Pawan, it is feasible. But a site visit from a technician is better to confirm that.
    Pawan J thanked Cornerstone Design Studio India
  • Pawan J
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Nitin, You mean a technician from the UPVC company?

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    2 years ago

Any UPVC, Aluminium Windows company near your location.