u get beautiful transparent curtains nowadays . get a marble base for ur centre table. lot of ready options nowdays
How to improve this Indian ecelectic living room?
Living room - Need suggestions for door and wall design
Suggestions/ improvements in the plan ? and need help with staircase
Need expert's suggestions for living room interior
Your aesthetically pleasing and a welcoming living room can be achieved by making few changes and additions to the room as below:
Here are a few ways you can use to transform you living space -
1]Opt for any of these colour palettes :
a] Choose a neutral grey for the walls, a dull grey and yellow for the cushions, a beige carpet/rug for the floor, a minimalist fabricated wooden table. Go for roman blinds in the same palette for the windows.
b] Again choose a pale grey or beige for the walls, light green and patterned cushions for the sofa, grey or pale green rug, Glass and steel frame coffee table. You may go for pale green and grey roman blinds. Add a few indoor plants to echo the green.
2]Cluster up the photos on the wall above the single arm chair. Move the painting elsewhere.
3]Provide the tv console with shutters if you can and have the console retouched. For shutters you can opt for hdhmr and have it painted or you may go for veneer and have it polished. You can have it painted grey with yellow or green knobs. depending on the chosen colour scheme. To save material cost you can make the swing door and these shutters in one single material.
4]Provide a swing saloon door instead of the sheer curtains for the opening.
All the best!
As budget is 40k, few options come to my mind without major changes to the entire setup you already have. Hope this would be of some help;
The wooden linoleum flooring is not looking that great. you can think of removing it if that is an option.
You can add a rug to the living room, synthetic rugs come is great variety and are inexpensive. You can go for a beige colored rug, plain or patterned.
The first pic of your living room:
Without replacing your Sofa changes you can make;
1. change the curtains.
To create length and make room appear big and high up..Go for sheer curtains in white/off-white (something similar to the wall colour). Hang the curtain rod high up with width a little more than the window's (exact width of windows don't look so good).
2. Sofa Cushions: Replace the cushion covers with mix of - White(patterned-any small pattern would work) & Bright Blue color plain or patterned covers.
Showcase: If you are not too emotional about that showcase, you should get rid of it.
Instead hang Huge painting in neutral palette (nothing very bright) to cover it up. Any stretched Canvas paintings will cover up the showcase entirely.
Those single picture frames should go away and so does the wall hangings.
1. BookCase: Buy/Diy a bookcase on top of the existing one...such that it touches the ceiling. You can completely get a new book case with wall to floor height if you please.
Please don't crowd the bookcase, instead add a mix of books and some stopper or picture frame or decorative items.
2. TV Unit: The TV Unit is bulky and adds nothing to the room. Instead buy a simple one with drawers.
3. The wall clock is too small for the wall. Buy a bigger one so that it doesn't look too tiny with TV. You can go for a colored wall clock, like something in GREY or TEAL BLUE, provided your wall if lighter color.
3. Create a little interesting wall with paint or simple wallpaper. You can keep it white and give it some patterned finish with smokey grey (you see how marble wall looks something similar).....
And you can do without the curtain as well.
1. You can make this into a gallery wall and put photo frames along with paintings from high up to mid of the wall. mix and match and see what works here.
When hanging colored photos keep some border while framing that looks better.
2. The single chair is occupying too much space. Instead you can replace it with a Blue/White Ottoman (cheaper option) or sleek wing chair (without arm rest) (a little expensive option).
Actually you can buy two Ottoman and put the spare one on the wall end of TV unit and can alternatively use it as coffee table.
hi anirudh, i have read all the suggestions hiven to you. according to me you first of all need bold printed cushions to go with your sofas . if not printed then shimmering ones or sequinned ones will brighten the look. also your television should be placed without any wires being seen and done under wood panelling on the wall. have sleek cabinets abstract or straight under the tv . open shelves with stuff looks pathetic. the sheer curtain on the door close to tv area should be a jute blind pull over one. place huge carved mirror on your empty wall with led lights behind to give that royal touch. plsss dont do family pics , paintings they look good only in lobby areas. the wall of the window area behind sofa should be broken down to ground level. do french windows . make a ground level diwan and move the sofaa to another side.