christy_crawford31

Range/Vent Hood for Low Ceiling

Christy
5 years ago

I'm updating my small, narrow condo kitchen. I'm going with open shelves instead of uppers and am trying to find a vent hood that will work in my space. There is a soffit running around the perimeter of my entire place that contains all of the heating duct and will not be removed. As a result, the effective ceiling height above my range is 83.75". Everything I'm finding indicates a minimum ceiling height of 8 feet. There is no option to vent externally, so it needs to be ductless.

Does anyone know of a good option for very short ceiling heights? I emailed one of the companies that sells a lot of vents on Houzz to see if they have models that will work, but never got a reply. I'm surprised how difficult this has been. In fact, throughout this whole process it's been the seemingly easy things that have been the most difficult!

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Victory Range Hoods
    5 years ago

If you are trying to find a wall mounted hood with a chimney cover you will have to find a company that is able to cut the chimney covers for you. We offer this service but so do other companies, or you can buy a hood you want and then get it cut at a local metal shop.

Sponsored