elsaarun

help for my ktchen

Elsa Arun
10 years ago
how to connect my main kitchen and second kitchen(work area)

Comments (45)

• Jeannie Nguyen
    10 years ago
    Hello! Would you be able to knock down the wall separating the 2 rooms and rearrange the stove/sink area to the other wall?
    Elsa Arun thanked Jeannie Nguyen
  • Nancy Walton
    10 years ago
    Is this for a Kosher kitchen, and do the areas need to remain separate?
    Elsa Arun thanked Nancy Walton
  • Related Discussions

Need help to organize my TV and music system and curio wall.

Q

Comments (25)
    You have all the reasons to redo the house, its very lifeless and looks worn out. I feel creating a separation will terminate the spaciousness of the room. Adding colours will surely help, Since you have a tan color sofa,I suggest grey, white or light blue color on one of the walls. Add some art works of the color you chose for the wall. This room needs some fillers like , books, throws, candle stands tall and lean. YES DON FORGET 1. Mount the tv on the wall make some space on the floor and Fix a large size mirror ( Wooden Frame if you can afford).
    ...See More

need help with my living area,plz help .

Q

Comments (5)
    I agree with eztia - you need to give a raison d'etre to your room and pale gold from the upholstery will tie in with the room and contrast against the candy pink wall. If you could find a discreet candy pink and pale gold curtain you would have hit the jackpot!
    ...See More

i need help to make it beautiful.my living area is very small plz help

Q

Comments (5)
    You've got a great space here, and there's so much you can do with it! Do you know what style you're looking to achieve? If you've already got a red and white colour scheme going in your kitchen, you can always opt for this in the living room. Sometimes grey can make the room look a little dark, so it's always worth investing in a white base, and build from there. Maybe change the colour of the curtains to something a little lighter and richer?
    ...See More

help me Color my home

Q

Comments (11)
    go for white/beige/grey colour for the interior as you can change the decor with the seasons along with these nutral colours
    ...See More
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    10 years ago
    What is the budget ? The simplest method is to knock down the wall between the 2 kitchens in order to make a more spacious room.
    Elsa Arun thanked Dytecture
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    A separation is must because it is designed according to 'vasthu shasthra' in Indian tradition.A wall is not must for partition.The separation is not meant to be from one end to the other. i want to feel an openness.Cooking must be in the main kitchen.My problem is when I knock down the wall from half portion. where will I place the fridge, sink and where will arrange a break fast area.Is it inconvenient if I arrange an island kitchen. Can I maintain the work triangle? My budget is 3lakh Indian rupees. Thank you all.I don't understand a Kosher Kitchen
  • User
    10 years ago
    A Kosher kitchen is a Jewish custom that I presume is very similar to yours. Neither of which I know much about. It would help to know a bit more. What do you do in the work area, and what is needed in the work area. How much counter space, what size sink, what appliances? If we understand the function, we can find a solution. Hopefully. I am not sure there is a way to translate the budget in dollars, because even in the USA things cost different in separate parts of the country. Do you want fancy, cheap, or in the middle? Is this a remodel or a house you are about to build?
    Elsa Arun thanked User
  • User
    10 years ago
    Where is your breakfast area now? Do you need a separate breakfast area other than the dining table?
    Elsa Arun thanked User
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    you are correct.its plan of our new home. The structure is going to construct next week. Before that I have to plan my kitchen as i want to knock down the wall between two kitchen. The work area that is mainly meant for fire stove and washing pots which used in fire stove.That helped to keep the other areas of the house from smog dust from fuel wood etc. But now a days fire stoves are out from the houses.And this area is mainly used for more complicated cooking such as cooking of non veg and cleaning dishes.And also used as a place to keep induction cooker,grinder etc that are not frequently used .Some people uses this area for all the woks in kitchen to keep the main kitchen clean as it is mainly becomes a show kitchen.It mainly depends upon the wealth of a person.And you notice one thing Indian cooking is different from Europeans as we are using lots of 'masalas' .
    Come to my work. Our family is a middle class family.So we have a medium budget. Now European style modular kitchens are available here that is the trend now.most of the middle class and Upper middle class now setting your style of kitchen.We are trying to blend your style of kitchen with our style of cooking.
    I have a grinder, induction cooker and a stove of biogas which I want to place in the second kitchen area. I have a cook top, Fridge, oven(microwave and grilling) and mixer which I want to place in the main kitchen.And I also want o arrange a kitchen sink.The main kitchen will be the main wok place for me.I want to connect both the kitchens to feel it as a large area and also for free air circulation.I also want to arrange a small breakfast area other than dining.If it remain as two separate area it would not be possible.I doubt I am making difficulties for you. Sorry for that. Hope that things are clear.don't think about the budget. How can I arrange all this in my kitchen?Hope you can help me.
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Searched kosher kitchens . looks very similar to kitchens of our places.
    Fred, I think You can catch my ideas very fast as you have identified kosher kitchens similar to ours
  • User
    10 years ago
    It is not clear to me if you need a second sink for the work area. It seems that it would be at least convenient, but you did not mention one. I am not sure what a stove of biogas is. I keep thinking it would be an oven that goes under the counter and the induction cooker is a cook top.
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Now a days almost all houses built a biogas plant .We deposit our kitchen wastes(veg and non veg) to this plant to decompose. The plant is connected to the special stove via hose. In the decomposition process a gas would be produced and this can be used for cooking .Its an eco-friendly way so that we can manage our waste in a better way. and also reduce the use of cooking range of electricity or gas.Induction cooker is a cook top works with electricity.It occupies a little place.bio gas also looks like a cook top. I will try to send the pictures of all these.It is very interesting to discuss with you.It should be very convenient if i get a separate sink in the second kitchen
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    biogas plant
  • User
    10 years ago
    Yes, it is very interesting. I understand the biogas part, but was having difficulty understanding the two cooktops and no oven. What about the sink question? Pictures would be good. The dimensions of the built in things is also helpful. I am in Montana, USA . Our appliances are usually bigger than in Europe.
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    biogas stove
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    induction cooker
  • User
    10 years ago
    Is the biogas stove built-in to the counter and the induction cooker a portable single burner?
  • User
    10 years ago
    Sorry, posted that before I see the pictures. was trying to interpret what was on the plan.
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    cook top of gas uses in main kitchen
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    micro wave oven
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    toaster oven
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    These are the main kitchen appliances in Indian Kitchens.Sink in the second kitchen must be larger than in the main kitchen.send u the image
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    sink uses in the second kitchen
  • User
    10 years ago
    This could be easier than I thought if all the appliances look like that. Tell me the sizes of anything that will be built-in or stationary. In inches if you know it. I can convert them.
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    sink uses in the main kitchen
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    you mean the sizes of this kitchen appliances?
  • User
    10 years ago
    I assume that things like the induction cooker, toaster oven, and microwave could be moved around the counter top any time you want to. But the sinks will be built in, so I need measurements. Also the two gas cook tops should probably have a more permanent place. So I want to allow for them. Also the fridge. And whatever else that needs to go next to something that is permanent.
  • User
    10 years ago
    I just need the counter space they take up.
  • User
    10 years ago
    Do you have exhaust vents for your cooktops over there?
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    will send u photos of a kitchen with this appliances. That should be helpful for you to understand
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    we must need exhaust vents because we uses more masala in cooking.today people of our places are using European style exhaust vents. In our traditional homes we construct concrete exhaust vents we calls it "Chimneys". but it is suitable for fire kitchen.This is now become a legacy.Not suitable for today.I think European style exhaust vents are not suitable for us . but people prefer that.they place it in the main kitchen and most of them not uses it.Only a show piece to add beauty for kitchen But i give importance to utility. So am thinking to construct an exhaust vent of ferocement.Hope you may understand that.
  • User
    10 years ago
    Can you hang a ferrocement vent from the ceiling? Because I put your cooktop in the middle or the room. Or is it for the biogas?
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    saw the picture.I likes the design.but what you placed in the counter tops not clear.I think its night there? Its time for sleeping.am taking your time for rest. If so we can discuss later
  • User
    10 years ago
    It is 5:00 in the morning. What time is it there? I wanted to get a clear understanding of what you need so I could sleep on it. Tue big sink is at the bottom. The induction is to the left with the biogas. Fridge is in the middle on the left. The kitchen sink is at the window where it always was. The cooktop is on the island. Tell me what works and what does not.
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I need exhaust vent only for cooktop. biogas stove not need it as we cant use it for all cooking. Limitations.Ferocement is very cheap technology now prevalent here. its popular here among the lower middle class and few upper middle class uses it. It helps to built kitchen counter tops, wardrobes in built chairs etc.You may search information about it in Internet. I don't know much about it. But I saw some houses which used ferocement to buit wardrobes and kitchen cabinets. but its not as much beautiful as wooden cabinets. But cheap. I don know anyone used it to construct exhaust vent. I have to consult it with any skilled persons on that.Its not hanging. Its an inbuitl tecnology
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Now 5:00 evening.I will discuss the design you proposed with my husband.You take rest and in the night send you reply. Am little busy now as I have to make tea for my family members. Nice to talk to you.
  • User
    10 years ago
    Yes, hopefully someone closer to you will see this now and make some appropriate suggestions.
    Elsa Arun thanked User
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    you can see fridge, microwave(on left end of the counter top) mixy or mixer(next on the counter the white thing) then cook top. toaster also the same size of the microwave. If it is cooking range it should be attached with it and no need of separate place. A grinder also occupies the same place of a microwave.biogas stove has also the same size of the cook top
    Attach the image of sink in another photo
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I have discussed your design with my family.I likes it. some suggestions shall I change the cook top and sink in the main kitchen to each other. Because according to our tradition we have to cook by facing East or North.the window side is the east. Similarly shall we move fridge to the right end of the kitchen.(to the south Side) then I can place the mixer at there where the fridge now is.Is it convenient .i don't know how to convince my family about this design. ours is an orthodox one. Its not a matter to be discussed here. I hope I can.Any way i like this
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Don't expect any suggestions from my close circle. Because No one of my friends or relatives are followers of this site within my knowledge.But I have suggested it.
  • User
    10 years ago
    What would make your family like this plan more? I did not mean people as close circle, just people more familiar with your culture.
  • User
    10 years ago
    How many people need to sit at the breakfast area? I was trying to keep the fridge between the two sinks and cooktops. Would it be more convenient in the middle as long as everything else fits? Can we move the location of the windows?
  • User
    10 years ago
    Here is something a little different.
    Elsa Arun thanked User
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    yes. this is more convenient.Thank you very much for solving the prob.why don't you create idea book?Its useful for us.Once again thanks for spending your valuable time .
  • User
    10 years ago
    You are welcome. I prefer working on a more unique and personal level than an idea book.
    Elsa Arun thanked User
  • Elsa Arun
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    yeah.You are something different.Did you ever visited India? If not I invites you.Here You can see a constructing style, it is entirely different from yours. bye