kercove

Rake soffit

kercove
6 years ago
Would you mind sharing the details of the rake soffit on the front of the garage? It looks like just the right depth for my project, but I'm having a hard time gauging the size. Thank you!
Warren Avenue · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Richard Bubnowski Design LLC
    6 years ago

I can't share the actual detailed drawing with you, but I can tell you that the rake board is 5/4 x 8 Azek with 1 x 3 Azek applied trim. There is also a 1" copper drip edge along the top of the rake. The rake projects about 18" beyond the building wall.

kercove thanked Richard Bubnowski Design LLC
  • kercove
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Completely understand! Those dimensions are perfect for reference. Much appreciated!

• PRO
    6 years ago

Also, I should mention that the soffit material is Azek tongue and groove bead-board.

• PRO
    6 years ago

Keep in mind, it's all a matter of scale and proportion. On this particular project we used a 5/4 x 8, but on others we've gone smaller or larger depending on the overall scale. As a point of reference, this particular garage is 18' wide.

• kercove
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Absolutely! I think that's why I'm struggling so much with my own decisions. The 18" rake projection is definitely more than it appears in the photo. I'm trying to make selections that will give some character to a modest ranch/almost cape-style, without overdoing it.