john_mcgown

Before and after photos of a Townsville cottage

Samford Homes
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

This project is a perfect example of what can be achieved within a difficult, flood zoned area in a lovely part of old Townsville. The character of the old cottage meeting the style and look of the new construction.

We started with a small, old, run down cottage which was in great need of a facelift.

This little place was in for a big shock with what we and our clients had in mind. It all started with a lift up from the old Red Ironbark stumps, which were reclaimed to create a show-stopping custom internal staircase. The cottage, now around 2.5m higher than it originally was, looked mighty tall indeed!

Then came the brand new extension, this was to be something else. Modern lines and fittings with the latest kitchen design, bespoke living room wallpaper finishes, bold pops of orange on the front door and feature wall and a fully black tiled ensuite bathroom with a textured feature mosaic wall.

BEFORE

AFTER

Railway Estate Renovation · More Info

Railway Estate - Renovation · More Info

Comments (9)

• me me
    6 years ago
    Me too
    Samford Homes thanked me me
  • Zara Beviff
    6 years ago
    Brilliant job!
    Samford Homes thanked Zara Beviff
  • PRO
    Samford Homes
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks so much everyone! This was a wonderful project to be a part of.

• sally wastie
    6 years ago

Fantastic job

Samford Homes thanked sally wastie
  • Sarah Sarah
    6 years ago
    Wow great job. Can u tell me the external house colours?
    Samford Homes thanked Sarah Sarah
  • annb1997
    6 years ago

What a dramatic transformation. I love the mix of materials used. So good the stumps could be used internally - they are beautiful. Fabulous job!

Samford Homes thanked annb1997
  • PRO
    Samford Homes
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you Sally, Sarah and annb. Sarah - the exterior colours were Dulux Western Myall and Dulux Lexicon for the trim

• PRO
    Studio Quarters
    6 years ago

Great transformation - thanks for sharing!

Samford Homes thanked Studio Quarters