janani_ramakrishnan

Suggestions for Good chimney and hob for Indian cooking

Can anyone suggest me a good chimney and hob which suits best for Indian cooking? I want to choose from Hafele, Kaff, Elica, Faber. I want to go for something which provides good after-sales support.

Brand with the model name preferred.Thanks in advance.

Comments (40)

• docpam2010
    3 years ago
    I too need a name for Ductless chimney... As of now Elica is good
  • PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    3 years ago
    Hello Janani,

You may choose from Siemens or Bosch. They are better ones.

Thanks,
    Nitin
    CORNERSTONE DESIGNS
    Bangalore.
  • PRO
    Studio Chippan
    3 years ago
    90cm wide freestanding range cooker is the best suited for Indian cooking in my personal experience - no fear of heavy utensil or spills. 90cm wide mechanical chimney with little or no electronics/ led display for less hassle.
  • Janani Ramakrishnan
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I would like to go with either Faber or elica considering the after sales service and budget. So would be great if someone can help me among these 2 brands, which model is better in Indian cooking.

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Amongst the two, Faber is better in our opinion and experience.

What's the budget and size requitement we can let you know a suitable product.

Thanks,

Nitin

CORNERSTONE DESIGNS

Bangalore

• docpam2010
    3 years ago
    Can u please suggest me a Ductless chimney in India please... I don't want anesthetic ducting
  • PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Hello Docpam,

As you were not keen on Bosch/Siemens please have a look at Hood Infinite BK TC 90 (Faber) . Tell the vendor that you need recirculation mode or carbon filter model.

Most of the chimneys also have a conversion feature from ductless to duct and vice versa.

BTW, it is not always the aesthetics that matter. Functionality should be the most important part of any kitchen related decision. Duct chimneys are more efficient and thus are practically better suited for indian kitchens.

Allow me to explain - Ductless chimneys use activated carbon filters to slowly absorb the fumes and oil and recycle the air.

- Activated Carbon filters can not be washed and therefore filters needs replacement every 3-5 months. Cost increases !

- Ductless Chimney needs to be operated on lowest speed for better smoke absorption in carbon filters thus they have lower suction power.

- Carbon Filters will just absorb only smoke and oil, the temperature (hot air) will still remain in the kitchen. So, take an informed call.

Thanks,
    Nitin
    CORNERSTONE DESIGNS
    Bangalore.

• PRO
    Hyphen Designs
    3 years ago

Go for BORA product for ductless chimney, where suction is from below.

• docpam2010
    3 years ago
    No I thought bosh n seimens don't have Ductless.. Am totally clueless... All show baffle filters...
  • PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    3 years ago

So you still want to go for ductless chimney?

• docpam2010
    3 years ago
    My interior is done... We dint provide vent for the duct... Doing it now seems too difficult.... Am in real dilemma.... Cos the duct to reach out will need to pass through utility area.. Making it altogether more difficult... Am weighing options... All the literature says ducting is better... I understand...
  • Robin Goswami
    3 years ago
    Bought elica chimney n hob... looks great n quality also superb.. try amazon.in for discounts. They have some great Deala
  • PRO
    Aura Interiors Studio
    3 years ago
    Faber.
    is best for Indian cooking
    maintenance is easy.
  • Janani Ramakrishnan
    Original Author
    3 years ago
    I heard prestige is good. Is it true?
  • PRO
    Aura Interiors Studio
    3 years ago
    I have not heard anything like this for prestige ma'am.
  • Arsh
    3 years ago
    I myself chose a Faber chimney and hob some 3 months back and the only disadvantage I'm facing is with respect to the hob where Faber installation team refuse to seal the joint between the hob and the countertop with silicone. it's practically impossible to prevent spills that we're leaking to the base cabinets. we got it sealed ourselves but I sincerely feel the installation team should have done it
  • Aman Multani
    3 years ago
    just bought Faber chimney and faber gas cooking range.
  • Janani Ramakrishnan
    Original Author
    3 years ago
    Came across few articles which described that cook top are most efficient than built in hob. Heard that built in hob the main advantage is the look in the kitchen. Any advice please.
  • PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Hello Janani,

Its like which is better ... a front load washing machine or top load washing machine :)

These are 2 different products, both have their pros and cons .One has to choose therefrom based on their personal preferences or requirements.

It would be better if you specify your requirements/ important criterias/pricing to help people recommend a suitable product or brand to you.

Thanks,
    Nitin
    CORNERSTONE DESIGNS
    Bangalore.

• PRO
    Lines and Profile
    3 years ago

Hi Janani,

Visit your nearest kitchen appliance store, and you can have lots of options and from that you can shortlist the your ideal product.

-Thanks,

-Neelam

-Lines and Profile

• Janani Ramakrishnan
    Original Author
    3 years ago
    What will happen if chimney width is 90cm and hob width is 75cm?Is it ok to have this set up? Because I guess it’s hard to get 75cm width chimney.
  • PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    3 years ago

Hello Janani, 75 cm hob and 90 cm chimney is a perfectly acceptable arrangement.

Thanks,
    Nitin
    CORNERSTONE DESIGNS
    Bangalore.

• docpam2010
    3 years ago
    Bigger chimney n smaller hob will not have problems....
  • Ishan Bansal
    3 years ago
    For Hob should we go with brass burners or italian ones and which brand. I head boush is good but thwy dont offer brass burners
  • fahimaka
    last year

Please suggest Best brands (functional & economical) for built in kitchen appliances for Indian cooking. I am looking for

1) 4/5 Burner Hob

2) 1/2B Induction Cooker

3) Electric Oven (max 70L)

4) Microwave

5) Refrigerator

6) Dish washer

7) Washing Machine (front load)

Is electric Chimney a must have if the kitchen has traditional chimney with exhaust fans?

• Karthik Venugopal
    last year

hey Janani.. we are facing a similar situation as you were.. what was ur final choice for chimney and hob? :-)

• Janani Ramakrishnan
    Original Author
    last year

I didnt opt for hob. I opted Faber chimney

• GM
    10 months ago

I'm also having the same dilemma... how is the Faber Chimney? Which model did you buy? Any issues that you have faced?

• Silent Singer
    10 months ago

Even I'm also planning to buy chimney..got stuck in bw faber n kaff..could anyone suggest better one among these

• PRO
    drawingscart
    10 months ago

choose better service in your area and auto cleaning works

• Arun Agarwal
    9 months ago

Good I read these articles. Almost finalised Hafele Hob and chimney, just payment was pending. can anyone suggest which model of Elica or Faber is better with looks.... need 4 burner hob and 90cm chimney; auto clean is the preference if it make sense.

• Archana Chaudhry
    9 months ago

Its too difficult to decide between faber n kaff for hob n Chimney . Service wise both are promising . After service we will come to know after installation only

• Soumya Mohapatra
    9 months ago

Hi everyone ,

I have a new villa recently constructed need your help .

Please suggest me best in gas hub, induction hub ,chimney and microwave aswell as oven .

I had a discussion with Bosch team but they are pushing me to buy some products from Bosch and some from simens .

DWS97BA62I chimney from bosch

• PRO
    TASKO
    9 months ago

Hi @Soumya Mohapatra for the gas hob, induction hob, chimney, and microwave or for Oven. I suggest you go with Faber only. They provide easy available services all over India with good quality products,

• Real Estate
    8 months ago

Hi all i'm looking to buy 1- GAS hob 5 burner, 2- Chimney ideally with a duct. However my duct outlet is around 10 feet away hope this won't cause an issue + there will be a bend in the end in the duct. Or should I be opting for ductless chimney?

3- builitin microwave atleast 30L 4- owen approx 72-75 capacity.

Please help choose between Kaff, Bosch and Faber.

Thanks

• M T
    2 months ago

Hi @janani - which model did you end up buying. I am looking for ductless one.

• PRO
    Insite Designs
    2 months ago

Prestige is the best brand for India as it provides service readily being an Indian Company. Elica and Faber are other good options. But considering the hard spots and marks due to Indian cooking, prestige is the best option

• PRO
    Insite Designs
    2 months ago

For hob- prestige. Chimney- Faber

• florirajiv
    2 months ago

I am planning to purchase four burner brass inbuilt hob and Chimney 90 cm inclined one, wall mounted. Please suggest the best one to go for.

regards, Rajiv.