atlursu

Privacy Feature as Vertical Garden or Creepers for Building Exterior

atlursu
6 years ago

I need advice for my building exterior. We have tall 5 storey buildings on all 3 sides of our building i.e on the back side & on both left and right sides of my building, hence there is no privacy.

I would like to do this kind of vertical garden on all 3 sides, but I am afraid it will make my building interior look very dark with absolutely no seepage of sunlight. I need this privacy wall from my neighbors as the view is very ugly, and also I should mention that the buildings are only 6ft apart.

Also the creepers may shed leaves on other's property. How do I go about doing this, that meets both privacy and sunlight. Is it feasible in my scenario? Please advice.

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    6 years ago
    Would it be possible to share site pics to understand the situation better.
  • PRO
    Studio Chippan
    6 years ago
    hi. you can possibly create a double skin wall. brick jali on the outside, glass windows inside, with roof opening to let in light. Pls look up Termitary House by Tropical Space architects and The Lantern by Nghia architects for inspiration. Two of the best projects which demonstrates this privacy technique.
    atlursu thanked Studio Chippan
  • atlursu
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, it definitely sounds like a good idea... just need to check on the cost factor, labor charges etc. considering the steep height of 3 walls, all together on all 3 sides. It would definitely cut down on water consumption & maintainance costs that would go with the vertical gardens.