brandi_meyer84

Front awning or no?

Brandi Meyer
6 years ago
My husband and I are slowly adding and marking off projects for this house We bought last year. past planting some flowers out front and scheduling to put in an actual walk way we have not done much to the front of our house.
Next to the front door we have a flower bed that sits about 2 feet below that front door step and I am wanting to build a porch under the big middle window. my question is with the way our roof sits would it make sense to build out some kind of awning? it would be ideal to have one but not sure if our diy selves could manage something to extreme

Comments (2)

• PRO
    TN Interiors Inc.
    6 years ago

I really like awnings on the main entrance, specifically when they are in the same angle as the roof line. It gives a more welcoming feel to the entrance and makes the exterior look more complete...

A porch, as described, would be a great addition!

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 years ago

I am not sure where the awning would go since it appears there is not much space between the top of the door and the roof so that would have to bea ddressed. I am looking forward to seeing that horrible walkway/ steps dealt with for . Not sure the porch idea works with this style house .A new front door with some glass would work better than the one you have which IMO does not suit the house.Landscaping will go a long way to improve curb appeal