brendahong

Need advice for remodeling project!

brendahong
6 years ago

I’m in a big decorating dilema!! We bought a ranch lake house that has honey oak cabinets in the kitchen, with various interior doors all stained in the honey oak other than the bedroom closets which are sliders in a blonde finish. We added on a family room so it is open to the kitchen we put in a new LVT plank flooring called Birkdale Xlarge planks in color Grand Oak Vail. If you google it you will see the color. It looks way grayer down than it did in the store under flourescent lights!! My problem is I’m not a huge gray lover when it comes to decorating so struggling with this issue!! Not sure what to do with our cabinets as far as painting?? I really wish I had picked out a floor to go with them so we didn’t have to paint them, but think that is our only choice with this floor, so wasn’t sure if white or a greige cabinet would be better we are also doing new countertops and backsplash?? We are also replacing all trim and doors, so do we do white trim/doors or white trim and stained doors or stain both doors/trim and paint cabinets?? Going between stain and paint for cupboards, trim and doors so looking for advice. If we stain anything it will be a browner stain as that looks decent with this floor.

We also have white shiplap on the ceiling in family room and BM revere pewter paint in F.R and kitchen.

We are on the lake but want it to be warm and welcoming also. Any advice you could give me would be appreciated. Want it to all pull together nicely. Thanks in advance!!!

Comment (1)

Sponsored