linmardon

Looking for white quartz similar to London Sky or Organic White

Lin Mardon
6 years ago

I am trying to find a white quartz that has the same or similar veining/pattern to Zodiaq London Sky or Quartzmaster Organic White but has a more white base/background. Both London Sky and QM Organic White look like they have a grayer white base. First pic is London Sky and second is Organic White to give you an idea of the veining pattern. Thank you!

Comments (14)

• Angela Smith
    6 years ago
    Viatera Minuet.
    Lin Mardon thanked Angela Smith
  • Lin Mardon
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I do like Minuet. Minuet would be perfect for me if the veining looked more random. It's white base is exactly what I want. I like how your Minuet veining looks. The slab that I saw had more of a repeated small veining.

• oldbat2be
    6 years ago

Lin Mardon - I apologize in advance for a comment which may seem snarky... why are you looking for this sort of tile?

I ask because I have Cambria Torquay, another similar look. I very much prefer where the veining is more complex and I have areas where the veining is minimal. It's been ok but I think I'd do it differently if I could again.

• Lin Mardon
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Yes! I find the white base/background of Cambria Torquay and LG Minuet to be the same. We actually paid for an e-design and Cambria Torquay was suggested for us. I do like the Torquay. My husband thinks it's a bit too pixelated/grainy for him so we're trying to find something we can agree on. I'm trying to find the white background of Torquay and the same veining of London Sky. The more I look at pictures and read other's comments, the more I keep changing my mind.

• oldbat2be
    6 years ago

It sounds like you and DH are way ahead of where we were when we selected this tile. What I've liked about this quartz is how reflective it is and it's been a wonderful background for KAW pictures:

However, I still obviously have feelings for the marble which got away.... Best of luck, oldbat2be

Lin Mardon thanked oldbat2be
  • Lin Mardon thanked DrB477
  • Irene Morresey
    6 years ago
    Next to London Sky
    Lin Mardon thanked Irene Morresey
  • Corrie Jackson
    6 years ago

Did you end up deciding on a quartz? I've also been looking at Frosty Carina and Silestone's Eternal Statuario for a whiter background.

• Lin Mardon
    Original Author
    6 years ago

We ended up going with Pental Misterio. Based on recommendations here I looked at the LG warehouse (here in Denver) and really, really liked Muse and Karis (really liked the look of the veining and patterns). We would have went with one of those options but the cost was a lot more since LG sells those two by jumbo slabs and we would have had to purchase a third jumbo slab. We have the Misterio installed but cabinets are not painted yet. We are in Denver so I also went to the Consentino showroom to see all the Silestone products and Ikea which was awesome to see the Caesarstone quartz on display in their kitchen setups (Ikea's quartz is Caesarstone). IMO statuario is a whiter background. Frosty Carina looked more of a creamy white background. The veining/patterning is different with those two as well. I'm happy to post pictures of any of these if you need them. If I recall correctly the veining patterns in Statuario is extremely light. Misterio is a pretty white background too. Another tip I read to see how white the quartz is - hold up a piece of printer paper next to the quartz. It will give you an idea of how the white quartz compares to a true white (printer paper).

• Cristina BRM
    6 years ago

Hi Lin- I am also conflicted with my counter tops. I originally selected London Sky counter tops but after taking the sample around with me- it looks too off-white for my liking (and almost dirty next to white cabinets) - maybe just the sample I have. Can you post a pic of your counters or give feedback on it? Is it a whiter background vs the London Sky? Thanks so much!!

• Lin Mardon
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I did get a sample of London Sky. I felt it had a gray base to it. It depends what kind of white base that you want. I really liked the quartz that had more of a gray base to the white but my husband preferred the more white base. I like the gray contrast with white cabinets. Pental Misterio is a whiter background than London Sky. Not the greatest picture below but top left is London Sky, sample on right is Cambria Torquay. The two below the London Sky are L: Caesarstone Frosty Carrina and R: Misterio. I didn't take too many pictures with the London Sky b/c I knew my husband didn't prefer that one. Compared to other whites it does look very gray based but if it was alone on a counter surface I am sure it would appear white. The trick would be getting the right white paint for your cabinets. I'll post more pics below.

• Lin Mardon
    Original Author
    6 years ago

another one to see London Sky on top left and there's a pure white printer paper that you can make a comparison. The other ones from L-R are Misterio, Torquay, and Frosty Carrina.

• Lin Mardon
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Our quartz counters are installed but cabinets are not painted yet so I am not able to get a good picture.

This is Pental Misterio in a bathroom at the Pental Showroom. See how it compares to the sink. I'm surprised the quartz looks whiter but I don't remember paying attention if the sink wasn't white.

Misterio slab. You can see how it compares to the white paper signage on the post.

Small misterio sample with some paint boards. Left paint board is BM Simply White and right paint board is SW Snowbound. Our closet door is pretty white. We ended up having our trim/doors color matched for our kitchen cabinet paint.