marieearl77

Remodelling kitchen-can we take out existing units/worktops and re-use

Ellie
6 years ago

We are knocking through dining room and kitchen to create one open kitchen/diner.

We plan to have base units/hob/sink along one wall only with an island parallel to that run of units.

My current kitchen is this pic, this wall in the pic will be going as that is where the sliding doors will be installed directly opening onto back garden.

Is it possible to remove these base units and use them as the new run of units that we plan? The pic only shows half the kitchen as it is galley style with identical base units on the opposite wall.

I plan an island but it will be a contrasting island so will not be looking to match.

Is it possible to use my existing units/doors/worktop or is it just now worth the hassle?

Also we will be having a range - I currently have one that was in the house when we bought it. We would simply be buying a newer one and new extractor. Is it ok to use existing and get fitted then later buy new ones that are exactly same size to replace these. Or does it make sense to buy and fit new ones when kitchen is being done? Any advice welcome, and thanks!

House · More Info

Comments (4)