graddew

The Garden Project! Starting from scratch - ideas welcome

Matt Heggie
6 years ago
Hello Houzz people :-)
After an extensive refurb of our first house, we have been left with this final project..... a blank jungle canvas.
With the property being mid-terraced we unfortunately have no access apart from coming through the house (which we have just renovated) - doh!
Although we have been able to successfully negotiate with neighbour to bring materials through previously, so this is an option if needed.

The garden is south east facing so we have a lovely sunshine coming into the house in the morning and a 'potential' sun trap at the end of the garden.

We have an inspection chamber just outside the door which for obvious reasons cannot be built over permanently. I am reluctant to use wooden decking due to the maintenance, are there patio solutions which would allow me keep access to the inspection chamber??

We do have a bit of an eyesore at the rear with the side of a house which we cannot do anything about. This does mean that we are not overlooked though which is nice. The back of the garden has about 4 different materials from the neighbours lean too. It is their intention to build a single story side extension at a later date so I'm not planning to put anything permanent up but would like ideas on how best to cover this for the time being. It's higher than our fence height which makes it a bit awkward.

Any advice / help / images / inspiration will be great!

Thank you

Comments (15)