priyaarun

Unable to decide the kind of furniture

priyaarun
10 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We are doing up the living room of our new house and we are unable to decide on the kind of furniture to go in for. There are 2 areas we need to furnish. One is a formal living room. I had visualised a typical 'Indian' themed decor for the formal living room with 'plantation sofas', a huge antique Indian swing etc. Now, the issue is my husband is drawn towards plush leather sofas which we've never had the space/luxury for so far. But I'm not sure if it will match the decor I had in mind. The other is a room upstairs where I want to have the TV/Music System with a pull out sofa. This is the room where I might want to entertain very close friends/family. I'd also perhaps use this space for a little yoga in the mornings so the need for an uncluttered space. About this TV/family room, apart from the pull-out sofa (for guests), I don't want to have anything structured. Several comfortable pieces of comfortable chairs, perhaps some floor seating? Kitsch is the theme I have in mind for this space. Any ideas please?

Comments (4)