veena_srikanth

Need help with balcony plants which will camouflage the facing area

Veena Srikanth
29 April 2013
Houzz has been my favorite read for design dilemmas (and solutions)! Here's mine. I have a little portion in my little balcony that faces a not-so-well-kept balcony. I would like to camouflage this with plants - I cannot construct anything like a trellis or have any creepers (there's no support). What kind of plants would be suitable? The balcony receives lots of direct sunlight - and June to September is rainy season here. I would like low maintenance plants, have seen a few palms - but any other ideas - maybe flowering shrubs etc?

Comments (2)

• PRO
    ASVInteriors
    If you want your plant to grow above the balcony edge, you need one that grows tall but is pretty resistant to wind and sun. How about bamboo in a planter. They grow tall and do a great job (all year round) of hiding what is next door. They are fairly low maintenance and self-sufficient once established.
    Cons: They do cause a lot of leaf drop - some species look pretty awful in the winter... but you can find some that are beautiful. Go for a clumping bamboo.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    need photo(s).