abhaybadlani

refurbishing old sofas - Seeking ideas

Abhay Badlani
7 years ago
I am thinking of refurbishing sofas ( 3seater + one seater (2 units) to make it look more contemporary for drawing/ living room. Looking for a few ideas that can help me !

Comments (11)

• Abhay Badlani
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    adding photos
  • PRO
    Vasundhara Latwal
    7 years ago

Hi Abhay Badlani Could you upload a picture of the original sofa?

• Abhay Badlani
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Hi Vasundhara - thanks for reaching out. the pic that you see has the original sofa.. I want to refurbish it to make it more attractive and appropriate for the drawing room. this is a 30 year old sofa...
  • PRO
    Aum Architects
    7 years ago

Pune 3 Bedroom Apartment · More Info

• Abhay Badlani
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thanks Manish - That is a good idea...and thanks for sharing pics for getting me started!!!
  • PRO
    Aum Architects
    7 years ago

the last image i shared is the latest project which was done a month ago. we have reused the framework of the existing furniture and created new design

• Abhay Badlani
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    great - would you be able to share some estimates/ range for refurbishing and what does it depend on? I want to ensure that refurbishing is more economical than purchasing a new furniture...
  • PRO
    Aum Architects
    7 years ago

frankly new furniture will be at par with the refurbishment, specially if you are modifying the design. as a standard rate, the cost of new sofa is generally around Rs 8500 per Running foot. so you can calculate your sofa length and find the approx cost

• Abhay Badlani
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    This was very helpful - Thanks!
  • PRO
    Aum Architects
    7 years ago

Happy to help.