sameer1982

Affordable solid surface / resin bathtub brands?

sameer1982
7 years ago

Working on our first master bath remodel, which includes a freestanding tub. Are there any tub brands I should look into that offer the nicer quality solid surface materials but that are not so expensive? Victoria & Albert, MTI, Wetstyle and a couple others all have nice products obut hoping to find more options <$3,000. If that's impossible, then any suggestions on the highest quality acrylic brands? And yes, we have definitely ruled out cast iron : ) Thanks!

Comments (7)

• sameer1982
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Haven't purchased yet, but if anyone else is in a similar search you may want to look at Badeloft tubs. I've only seen online and spoke with customer service once, but could be a high-quality, lower-cost alternative to other brands I mentioned; can't see one in person in Chicago though.

• PRO
    Dreambath Sanitaryware Factory
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

We recommend you brand Dreambath tub, they have lots of solid surface tubs (resin bathtubs) for your choice, the price is under your budget.

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    6 years ago

We use Oceania- great tubs!

• sameer1982
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    We ended up buying a Badeloft BW-03-XL. Tyler provided excellent customer service, answered lots of questions over multiple calls, kept me informed about delivery dates. It's one of their most popular models so took almost 2 months to get here but was right on schedule. Just under $3k including shipping and their optional EZ Drop in drain (+$190) that our plumber recommended. Looks good in the crate but won't be installed for another couple weeks. The BW 08 model is a bit cheaper and much faster shipping, and very spacious relative to its modest footprint...a close second for us.

Agree, Oceania seems to have a great reputation though we didn't find many dealers in Chicago. almost pulled the trigger on Oceania Milano tub..acrylic, but supposed to be good quality.
  • kleb
    5 years ago

Hello Sameer, Curious to hear observations and opinions on your bath after using it a while. We're thinking of starting with Badeloft sinks - one freestanding. Thanks!

• Pignolia
    3 years ago

@sameer1982 do you have an update? i am considering this tub also