ronski73

Best ensuite option

ronski73
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Ive narrowed down what we think is a best design options for ensuit. 3.2m W x 3.76L is the size. door entry is set. for ensuite. entry from ensued to WIR is not set and can be moved for best fit.

window position set in place aswell

any opinions or design suggestions appreciated leaning towards no. 3

Comments (26)

• LouieT
    8 years ago

I would try to have the separate WC & the bath under the window.

• jmm1837
    8 years ago

Well, I'd say this: 1 okay; 2 no, looks extremely awkward; 3 no, don't want the toilet next to the toothbrush; 4 see 3; 5 okay; 6 see 3 &4. I'd probably go for 1.

• olldroo
    8 years ago

I do like an ensuite when it does not directly open off the bedroom. With good ventilation and exhaust I have never had a problem with steam or moisture in the wardrobe.

No. 1 would be my choice, I like the toilet hidden behind the door and assuming that is a solid wall between the entrance and the shower. I would want the bath as large as possible when you have the space and have it built in - if it is free standing, where do you put anything. There is also good wall space for towels to hang near both the bath and the shower.

Sorry No. 3, gets a big no from me, it looks awkward getting around the bath into the shower and where would you hang towels?

• laraf1007
    8 years ago
    I'd go for one as well
  • Tim Hodges
    8 years ago

I'd go 5 with no door to main bathroom or WIR, full height frosted frameless door to WC & shower (matching) with good quality exhaust fan to both WC & shower.

• deanie77
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

How exciting. I love the planning process. My main bathroom has a similar set up to your option 3 and it works but if we had the space I would have loved to have the toilet in its own space like you do in option 5. It means two people can use the space at the same time. I would have a cavity door from bedroom to ensuite for that feeling of extra space and so that one person can stay asleep if the other has to get up and go early. All the best!

• marcros2
    8 years ago

I like 1 but when the door is closed you would feel a small fish in a big room sitting on the toilet and why is the shower so narrow in this big room, why is the vanity unit so small and why do you need two vanities?.

Number 5 works better for me, but why have two vanity basins and why stop the vanity like you are buying one off the shelf, I would custom make it to span across the wall from door to WC to shower as you have the room. Doors to WC can even be a cavity slider if you want.

• ronski73
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thankyou for all the feed back, we are leaning towards no.3.

only 1 vanity though on a 1500mm wall hung unit

toilet would be tucked away from view!?

shower would have frameless shower screen making it feel spacious.

bath seating would allow looking out window to private garden.

agree id like seperate toilet, but every way, the exhisting window gets in the way.

no 3 would make it feel spacious.

we liked the idea of not walking into ensuit directly, but then every plan kept making it smaller and too many doors.

thanks for all the feedback.

• Cecile G
    8 years ago

Unless you're going to use the bath regularly (and if you have a bath in the main bathroom) I would not bother. You have a massive amount of space, and a small(ish) shower. Big, big shower with two shower heads. The door entry is set; can you make it a cavity slider? Double vanity is a big YES from me. Good luck with it.

• marcros2
    8 years ago

If going with 3, just a small min 1 M x 1.6 M (depending on how wide the vanity unit is) entry hall no door to bedroom door to WIR can be a cavity slider if required and hinging door to bathroom, than make the shower the remainder of that space.

Bath i would keep.

• mellorfamily
    8 years ago

Despite everything everyone else has said - I have just installed something very similar to option 4 and I am very happy with the way it works. Looking into the ensuite from the bedroom I have flowers on the vanity so instant wow factor and the mirror above reflects back into the room. Toilet is private so two can use the room at once. Shower is semi private so again multi tasking is easy and the bath is behind the door so that I can yell out if the kids come barging in! I'd hang the towels under the window so that they are available from the shower or bath if you have room to do that. from what you said, seating from the bath would still get view of the garden. I don't find my room small or hemmed in at all, it is beautiful & practical!

• marcros2
    8 years ago

i think 4 is the least hemmed in option.

• PRO
    On The Ball Bathrooms
    8 years ago

Hi,

I would recommend always looking at is as a visual option. You want to reduce the amount of items that block your view when you first open the door. It will create a feeling of a much larger room by having items like a vanity or mirror as the first thing you see.

• ronski73
    Original Author
    8 years ago

hi on the ball, recommend no 3 then?

• ronski73
    Original Author
    8 years ago

so many great opinions, will take on board

• PRO
    On The Ball Bathrooms
    8 years ago

Hi

Most definitely would recommend number 3 its what i would have for my own bathroom.

• Daisy Marie
    8 years ago

5.. Nothing worse than having a nice relaxing bath and someone comes in for a really stinky dump.. Also privacy on the toilet is a really good thing to have..

• Angela Metcalfe
    8 years ago

number 5 is the go, very important to have some privacy for the toilet, even if only a 1/2 wall.

• mellorfamily
    8 years ago

Sorry to confuse the issue, my comments relate to option 5, not option 4 as I first thought!

• ronski73
    Original Author
    8 years ago

That makes sense thank you mellorfamily

• PRO
    Seriani Designs
    8 years ago
    No.3 but swap the shower with the bathtub, and then turn the shower into a rainwater shower with double heads.

Also maybe a divide between the sinks and the toilet. 1/2 wall maybe?
  • ronski73
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I Brett, thanks for comments, we can't change the bath and shower because of the window size and location. But we can enclose the shower and have a door and double rain head.

• PRO
    Home Design +
    7 years ago

I would go with No 5 because of the separate WC

• bigreader
    7 years ago
    Old post. Hopefully they've built by now.
  • girlguides
    7 years ago
    Nos one or five