pearl_island

Any suggestion

pearl_island
11 years ago
Does it look dull? Or it's ok like this
And do you think I should change the color of the wall watch ?

Comments (44)

• PRO
    Interiors International, Inc.
    11 years ago
    I looks nice.
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Waw @barbara u r so much good
    .. I feel also I need to put a colorful pattern . But I don't know what color composition I need to look for
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @interior international thank you
  • PRO
    JWinteriors
    11 years ago
    Change put the pillows to something with brightness and pattern..same thing with the area rug. With the tv sitting higher and centered it will balance out with the tall window treatment.
  • PRO
    Xssentials
    11 years ago
    Wall mount the TV and run the cables behind the wall to your equipment cabinet. Then you can use the top of the cabinet for some more decorations to accent the room.
  • PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    11 years ago
    Don't wall mount the TV. For color & pattern, look at rugs available in person, and YOU choose something you like, you can take them home, try them out, and if you don't like them, simply return them. Go for it!
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    What is wall mount ???? My English is weak :(
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Still I didn't work with the dinning table side .. I'm working on living room side and I'm not happy with the atmosphere (I feel no life in it) solid or dark
  • jlitchenburg
    11 years ago
    Your TV wall looks under decorated. There is an inexpensive way to make art. Buy 3 stretched empty canvases at the hobby store - square and/or rectangles (take some measurements & sketch off a plan for what you will need), purchase some inexpensive fabric, stretch it around the canvases (glue with hot glue or staple) and hang on the TV wall so it will look more like a unit. Fabric with texture, close to wall color & small print. Canvas is lightweight , easy to hang. Hang on the left of the TV and finish out with the other two above. You need some curves in the room. There are vinyl "sayings" - pre-made. (Vinyl Wall Art) - not expensive ... $30 or so ... online and in some stores. Find a saying you like ... they are in brown w/gold or black w/gold. They won't hurt the wall. Use a level to line up. Instructions provided. Put the saying a little bit under your long wall shelf on the right side of this pic. Pick one with curvy lettering to soften square lines. Maybe some round pillows, too! Can you add a good sized plant - Tall and airy plant requiring low light? It would help to soften and add a medium height to the room. Plants add life! Maybe angle the chair a little facing the TV for better viewing & give a non-squared effect.
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @jlichenburg waw u r good
    What's the name of the apps u r using ?
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    I would ask if you want your eyes to be drawn at the TV area. Theoretically that would be the focal point in your room, but I don't really think that everybody has to follow this rule. You could go for emphasizing the sitting area. You have such beautiful room there ! I always think that is important to have your eyes drawn to the area that is most important to you. So, if the TV is not the most important , I'd dress up that wall just to avoid a big bare wall and balance the overall design and nothing more.
    In our house I choose to highlight the sitting and the dining areas because those are most important for us.
    Not very sure but to me the color you got there is a burgundy - at least this is what I see on my monitor. For me this works great with lime green accents. The pillows on the sofa don't need to be evenly spread but you could play grouping them in a way that looks appealing to you.
    The art you hang on the TV wall should mirror the accent color of your choice and the area rug should tie everything together. You could add a side table in the corned formed by the 2 sofas with a table lamp with wide , tall base and a wide lamp shade.
    Burgundy Trough · More Info

Transitional Living Room · More Info
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @beyondFrames
    Many thanks for your comment .. I like the way you can visualize things . Actually I was thinking what color I should paint my walls and I'm really trapped here . As soon as I reach home I'll take snapshot of the whole area so u can help me to take the decision . About the lime green color do you think I should paint one wall or the whole living room ?
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    11 years ago
    I'm sorry for the misurderstanding - I didn't realize it was just about the paint on the walls! What color is what you have now? Is it white? If yes, as long as is not a bright white , I think it works with the burgundy -lime green combination. A light grey would work beautifully as well and if you go for a warm grey even better.
    http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/sleighbells ( this one looks like having a blue undertone to me - that would make it a cooler grey)
    http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-ca/paint-color/thunder
    http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/wintergates

Then, if you really want an accent wall the color I'd choose the Brookside Moss - Benjamin Moore http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/brooksidemoss#ce_s=brook, or , if you feel it's too bold then a lighter shade like Fernwood green http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/fernwoodgreen

From my point of view, and especially in your room, when having an accent wall there are few details to consider - bring bits of burgundy on the accent wall somehow - burgundy frames, art with some burgundy. Or, find something that you like, a mirror, a frame, something and just repaint it.
    Then, the rug area should tie everything together.
    Looking at your pictures I'm guessing that the space you have there is much bigger - is it an open space dinning - living room?
    There are 2 burgundy lines framing the window - are they paint? and the stripes are paint as well?

Burgundy also looks great with cream and warm golden tones
    an the dark wooden furniture you got there.
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @beyondFrame the strips are wall paper
    And I'm so confused .. I placed stickers on the wall behind TV .. At the beginning it looks nice and I got excited and placed more and more and now it looks awful (not nice at all)
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @beyondFrames thanks for helping me and being patient
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Two sides pictures
  • Stacy Lane
    11 years ago
    I think with the decals you put on the wall, it looks like you stopped in the middle. And since that is one big continuous wall, I was going to suggest that you do the whole area but it will look strange when it stops. You have that beautiful tray ceiling... it seems to me you need some height elsewhere in the room besides having those painted panels. How about some thick trim around the doorways? They look like they want some attention. I would also consider installing the television on the wall and getting a nice console underneath - for toy storage, electronic storage, and then you can put your frames on top. On that wall where you have the ledge with frames, since it's between the kitchen and living room, you can put a nice hutch or row of bookcases (doors on bottom, open shelving on top). Also, I see three or four rugs? Perhaps you want one very large rug underneath all the living room furniture to unify the space.
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    11 years ago
    Well, yes, the stickers look....not nice at all :)
    What do you think of painting the entire room warm grey? - you have such good lighting there and it would look so warm and inviting. You could get rid of the stripe wall paper and paint those 2 areas a darker grey ( or choose a darker grey wallpaper to cover the stripes) and find 2 matching large artwork to hang on either side. This would work as long as you want to emphasize those areas .Are they some kind of niche or was it just your choice to wallpaper those areas?
    Which is the color palette that is most appealing to you? Grey, burgundy, lime green - Warm cream, burgundy, lime green - Cream, burgundy , warm gold? Or is there any other that you have in mind? Or, is it burgundy that you have there?
  • decoenthusiaste
    11 years ago
    Your rug is more of a "runner" for a hallway. I would start by finding a rug to love and base all the other colors of your room on the colors in the rug. A rug for your room should be large enough for the front of the sofa legs to sit on. It should anchor the arrangement. The burgundy is the issue for me. I would rethink that color and remove it from the room. Search the box above for brown sofa and you'll see rooms to inspire a new color palette.
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @BeyondFrames I just paid 100 $ for these two sides wall paper and yea it's burgundy color and no it's not my color taste but I just shift to this new home and I carried my curtain with me .. I am planning to change my curtain soon coz I'm not happy with the whole combination color since its not my taste I'm not able to take a good decision in selecting colors goes with both wall paper and curtain
    . I will remove the stickers now and call the painter to paint for me the living room .. I'll see the combination u gave me above and decide but still it's difficult to decide since the whole thing I'm not happy with it .
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    11 years ago
    I've got it! Since you have to keep the striped wallpaper you just have to find the color scheme that would work best for you.
  • victoriagrennan
    11 years ago
    I think you could paint the feature wall with a plum/ purple colour like your wall paper
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @victoriagrennan don't you think if I paint it purple it'll be so much dark?
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @BeyondFrames from the three combinations u mentioned above I like the cream burgundy and light gold
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Sorry *worm gold
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @BeyondFrames do you think the curtain color destroying everything
  • Angie Duguay
    11 years ago
    those area rugs have to go try no area rugs you will see a big change n,eed apicture portrait with plum grey purple i little white or black colors go at wallmart or homesence hope this help.....
  • Angie Duguay
    11 years ago
    tv should not be there a big portrait on that wall sorry for my writing i am french trying my best have a nice day!!!
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @Angie actually I want to remove these rugs but I have small babies so for now I need them till I find the carpet will match my decoration
    Since I'm still Doing my decoration and actually not happy with so I'm delaying these rug story .
    Do you people think its nice to color one wall or all walls ?
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @angie even my English ain't so good
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    11 years ago
    No, I don't think the curtains destroy everything. I''l be back with some ideas when time allows it. I just wanted to answer briefly for now, at least you don' t feel I gave up on you. :)
    I also noticed you'd rather go for cream, burgundy gold.
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @BeyondFrames thaaaank yooooooou
    Love yooooou
    .. I'll be waiting your reply
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    11 years ago
    Here is a rug that I like and you could use it as inspiration for the color scheme. And I' ll go on with the cream /golden/burgundy (though there are other great colors you could bring in)

There is a trick when working with cream to bring life to a room , avoiding the "boring" feeling: put different shades together - on the wall, rug, decorative pillow , a table lamp. If you like gold, paint some of your favorite frames in a soft gold.
    Bring an arched lamp over the sitting area if not a side table with table lamp and other decorative objects on it.

Also you could add texture with a sisal rug , a cowhide rug or a good quality high pile rug.
    I would add a table lamp,or a vase on the TV's left side, reposition the shelves or, better yet, remove them and hang some framed pictures or art , or metal work on that wall.

And even if burgundy it's not your favorite color you need to tie it in with a trow pillow or art work, or something that you find appealing. As long as you have the striped wallpaper you have to work around it.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel that bringing color in your room (rather than working with neutrals) would have a dramatic effect .
    What I would definitely do, before jumping on painting the walls, is taking time and consider options. Go to the store, pick some beige, cream objects and see how you feel. Take pictures and then return them. Do the same with some other colors - cream, lime green, grey - or ivory , grey, fuchsia, or orange - I'll add some pictures for that.
    Then make up you mind and start painting and investing money.

here are some beige paints
    http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/oc-32
    http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/claybeige#ce_s=clay
    http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/berkshirebeige

Cream and Orange Arts and Crafts Soumak Rug · More Info

Modern Throw Pillow · More Info

Plush Star Pillow, Camel · More Info

Textured Linen Pillow Covers · More Info

Mohair Blanket, Cream · More Info

Contemporary Lite Source Olina Chrome and Leather Wrap Arch Floor Lamp · More Info

Relaxar Arch Floor Lamp in Polished Steel · More Info

Yves Cowhide Rug - Honey/Wheat by Pure Rugs (Exclusive) · More Info

Baroque Antiqued Gold Leaf Lamp | Pulp Home · More Info

Paprika Ikat Pillow · More Info

Wistful - Autumn Red · More Info

Mack with Orange Cord Table Lamp · More Info

Deep Burgundy Red Stylized Flower Vase · More Info

Nomad Sculpted Rug · More Info
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    11 years ago
    You could also bring in some texture with bamboo sticks or decorative branches and help balance a bit the height of your room with small scale furniture. Spray paint them if you find the perfect size and shape but they aren't the color that you need. Ikea carries white decorative stalks for a very good price.
    the ones in the 1st picture hold well with small kids around and you don't need a vase for them.
    there are washi paper or crinkly paper floor lamps with a soft beautifully diffused glow
    For a budget friendly version check ikea or target
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80028552/
    Morning Glory Lamp by Aqua Creations · More Info

Crinkle Paper Square Floor Lamp · More Info
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @BeyondFrames what's the code number to dial before the number u mentioned in your profile ?
    If you don't mind I will call you
  • pearl_island
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @BeyondFrames I'm inspired by this carpet colors .. What do you think
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    11 years ago
    Are you calling from the US? If yes, then dialing 1 408... should work. If not in US you should dial 001 408....
  • PRO
    Miller's Paint & Wallpaper
    11 years ago
    I feel you need to take down the small shelves on the TV wall and bring in some art. I would paint over the wall stencil . A warmer color on the wall could make a difference but some art work with nice bright colors could work also.
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    11 years ago
    The Rug Market Shabati Silvana Rug · More Info

84" L Beige Printed Crisp "S"-patterned Eyelet Curtains · More Info

Cypress Curtain by John Robshaw · More Info

Dimension Rug | HomeDecorators.com · More Info

Deep Burgundy Red Stylized Flower Vase · More Info

Transitional Uttermost Clayton Burgundy Glass Table Lamp · More Info

Cyprus Gold Leaf Tole Lamp · More Info

Gold Cobbler Shaker · More Info

Ice Cream Bowl and Spoon, Gold · More Info

Large Glass Rope Knot/Burgundy · More Info
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    11 years ago
    Teal ideas

Living Room · More Info

East-meets-west in San Francisco's Russian Hill · More Info

the Bauhaus living space · More Info

Model Residences at the St. Regis Resort, Bal Harbour · More Info

Downtown LA · More Info
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    11 years ago
    Fuchsia .

In this case I'd go for silver instead of gold (silver frames , silver accessories) and I'd paint the walls a light warm grey.

Martha Stewart Living Fretwork Area Rug · More Info

Perla Table Lamp or Pendant Aqua Creations · More Info

Textured Silver Frame Mirror · More Info

Pandan Bin Fuchsia · More Info

Hurricane Liquid Paraffin Lamps · More Info

Glamorous Natural Floret Pillow · More Info

Greek Key Embroidered Pillow in Magenta by Trina Turk · More Info

Mongolian Lamb Pillow Cover · More Info

Bholu - Rassi Grey/Cream Pillow · More Info

Lite Source Deion Arch Floor Lamp · More Info

Felt Flower Decorative Pillow · More Info

Dotted Trellis Charcoal Pillow · More Info