sraina123

Need help how to do this niche

Sanjay
17 April 2015

I have this niche 3'x3'x8'. I am confused what to do with this.....pls help. Photographs attched.

Comments (14)

• PRO
    Biloba Architecture, PLLC

Add built in cabinets. Doors or drawers on the lower half with a countertop (possible bar) and add shelving for books and other items above. Be careful about the light in the ceiling, it can make or break the look.

• Sanjay

Thank you..... Any lighting ideas pls..

• everdebz

A nice object you'd enjoy seeing.

• decoenthusiaste

Since it is already lighted, try something similar to this. Wallpaper or install some kind of interesting texture and glass display shelves for some really cool large scale decor items!

Penthouse in the Pearl District · More Info

• Sanjay

Thank you....

• Sanjay
    Request inputs on this niche
  • PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India

Sanjay, this is 4 years old post. Can you share the latest images of this niche. Also, share the floor plan .

Thanks

Nitin

Cornerstone Designs, Bangalore.

• Sanjay

Thank you Nitin..... The premises is still the same. We have a 5 ft X 6 ft Ent lobby which leads into a L shaped living+Dining room. The longer arm of L is the living/Drawing Room. It is 25 Ft. X 13.5 Ft. I am sharing the photos of both.

For this Niche, except for any religious symbols, I am OK with anything. I tried fixing a bar but it seems a too small a space for even a tiny bar...or possibly I could come up with a good idea for a bar.

Seek your suggestions.

Regards

Sanjay

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India

Library, Storage, Bar and Display are some.of the likely options.

The decor otherwise of the room is pretty minimal. It definitely needs attention.

• PRO
    Acrala Enterprises

1. Firewood. A classic, and obvious, use for a niche near a fireplace is to store clean, uniformly cut firewood, which creates a beautiful rustic effect even if you don’t actually burn logs in your fireplace. Generally small logs can fill any shape of niche, turning a rounded edge or an odd angle into a fun feature.

2. Firewood and art. The look of stacked wood works even in a modern setting. Feel free to get creative with it and add some art, or paint the ends of some logs in a bright shade to add graphic pops of color.

3. Shelves. Spanning shelves across a shallow wall niche is one of the most efficient uses of these spaces. It gives you extra storage and display space, and can turn what seems like an awkward area into something that looks planned and organized.

• Sanjay
    Thank you!!!!
  • Sanjay
    Thank you!!!!
  • PRO
    INTERIOR DESIGNER
    hello sanjay,
    you make some storage or open shelves over there with waste of material in low cost
  • Sanjay
    Thank you....