nishamma

need help to restructure the cow shed

nishamma
9 years ago
no i'm not trying to be funny here…we have an existing cowshed at our parents farm where we are pulling down the farmhuse and building a new home. the cowshed is placed somewhere in front of the house as per indian vasthu norms…my issue is how can i redesign this into a clean dry area where the manure does get collected for biogas supply and clean hay can be placed as well as milking can be done safely.

Comments (3)

• Curt D'Onofrio
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Quote "manure does get collected for biogas supply".
    I believe your posting has right now to many questions to solve at once. For safety issues, i would focus on collecting methane gas in a safe manner. Google "collecting methane gases".....BTW, clean hay (i heard dry hay) once it's ignited the fire rapidly takes off and no fun in trying to put that out...ask any fire person trying to put out brush fires--> I woudn't store dried out hay in a methane collection facility
    nishamma thanked Curt D'Onofrio
  • nishamma
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    we do have an existing bio gas pipe set up from the cow shed slurry and the rubber sap plantation (the agri dept provides expert help)…but since we are tearing the place down and rebuilding the shed on another side of the farm, i would like to do it properly giving emphasis on hygiene
  • Curt D'Onofrio
    9 years ago
    My gut feeling is that you NEED pro's on site in order to solve your dilemma.